Regional Director of Planned Giving Eastern TN/KY
- Experience Level
Do you have 3-5 years’ experience related to outside territory sales, public relations, fundraising, philanthropy, alumni affairs, insurance, ministry or financial services? Are looking for a fulfilling new career path? Would you like to work for one of the largest Christian organizations in the world? This opportunity might be just what you are looking for!
The Salvation Army has an outstanding opportunity for a Gift Planning Development professional in the Eastern and Southern Tennessee and Eastern Kentucky area to expand their skills and grow with one of the oldest and most successful development programs in the United States.
The Salvation Army operates in communities across the United States. We are committed to meeting human needs wherever we can by providing food distribution, disaster relief, rehabilitation centers, anti-human trafficking efforts, housing for homeless, basic needs assistance, children’s programs and many other programs.
This Planned, Deferred and Legacy Giving position will:
- Solicits cultivates and secures documentation of planned gifts, such as wills, trusts, and annuities to fund the Mission of The Salvation Army
- Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with donors and their professional advisors
- Responds to inquiries and communicates with donors, prospects, advisory organization members, Salvation Army staff and Officers
- Travels often within the assigned territory of Eastern TN and KY (Territory includes: Knoxville,Chattanooga, Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol, Crossville in TN and Danville, Richmond, Middlesboro, Ashland, in KY)
- Conducts personal interviews to identify prospects, consults with individuals about specific planned giving vehicles and assists them in their estate planning to determine the most appropriate planned gift for their personal circumstances
- Educates advisory boards and presents planned giving strategies
- Attends and participates in conferences and training sessions, maintains up-to-date knowledge and awareness of planned giving practices and legislation in relation to planned giving and taxation
The successful Planned Giving Regional Director candidate will have:
- Five years’ experience achieving results in the fundraising field; planned giving, major gifts, development, capital campaigns or related (financial advisor, outside territorial sales etc.)
- Demonstrated ability and experience building strong trusting relationships with clients
- Demonstrated self-starter, and ability to work with minimal supervision from a personal home office
- Experience actively developing, cultivating, and managing a pipeline of donors (or prospects)
- Two to three year’s planned giving experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of a large body of new, technical information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public presentations
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to our employees and their families. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, home office set up, full health,dental, life insurance coverage, retirement, professional development, reimbursed travel expenses, and paid time off!
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Candidates should recognize that The Salvation Army is a Church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled