Accounts Receivable Representative
6 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind – is seeking an Accounts Receivable Representative. Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Bethesda with metro access.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
Under general supervision, the individual will perform a variety of Accounts Receivable
duties such as recording cash, wire, and ACH receipts, positive pay, and NSF Transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Record Headquarters and Chapters Revenue - Complete necessary coding and batching for cash, checks and ACH’s deposited at the National Office. Batch and process Headquarters credit card slips through credit card processors and donor management systems. Complete relevant journal entries to record Accounts Receivable transactions in the accounting system (Microsoft GP).
• Entering card charges and refunds;
• Entering EFT deposit notifications and transactions.
• Identify and enter restricted revenue transactions
• Coordinate and enter donated stock transactions according to established procedures
• Record pledge donations, collections and major gift transactions according to established procedures
• Enter journal entries in the general ledger, including reclassifications and adjustments, as necessary.
• Send positive pay (safe pay) files to bank.
• Process non-sufficient fund (NSF) transaction adjustments in accordance with established procedures.
• Responding to donor and chapter inquiries in a timely manner
• Communicate issues to management.
• Respond to JIRA requests and resolve in a timely manner.
• Microsoft Office (Excel, word, and Outlook)
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Customer Service and Support Skills
• General accounting knowledge
• Basic knowledge of Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable
• Donor management or POS system experience
• High level of attention to detail and ability to multi-task
This is a unique opportunity to direct your energy and talents towards achieving a “life enhancing” mission, while benefitting from the resources and support of a highly regarded national non-profit organization.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Please see direct link to apply