Marketing & Communications Coordinator
6 days left
- Experience Level
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Garrison Institute is seeking a full-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator who is energetic, detail-orientated, creative, highly organized and tech savvy to join our team.
As a key member of our Communications staff, you care about building, expanding audiences, and extending the reach of the Garrison Institute’s retreats, workshops, and signature programs. Our candidate will draw on the ethos of the Garrison Institute’s programming, online content, and publications while bringing a big-picture view of emerging media landscapes, and a strategic sensibility to a new era of growth and innovation for the Garrison Institute.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be adept at maintaining websites, cataloging and organizing our content, and will envision and expand our social media presence on every platform. Our top candidate will have experience working with digital advertising, writing and copy-editing, with the ability to coordinate marketing efforts for our programs and retreats. We are looking for a strong technical and social media background to help manage content on our website and social platforms as well as someone who can create compelling postings that will excite existing and new audiences, drive increased engagement with our content, and build loyal communities.
Working closely with our Director of Development, Partnerships & Media, you will:
- Play a key role in ensuring accurate and timely creation of web content.
- Publish to the homepage, a variety of web banners to keep the content timely, fresh and updated.
- Maintain WordPress website and post retreats and events webpage descriptions.
- Liaise with our Retreats & Events Staff and groups to obtain marketing materials.
- Edit program descriptions and ensure all web content adheres to rigorous guidelines for content.
- Track and analyze content performance and make recommendations for enhancements via Google Analytics and other data tools.
- Works with the Communications team on increasing SEO.
- Plan social media strategies from beginning to end that build and engage our audiences.
- Monitor presence on social networking platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn), social media campaigns and daily activities.
- Oversee a suite of social media production and analytics tools and communicate metrics and best practices to key stakeholders and the Communications team.
- Maintain Communications Production Calendar for department and catalog and maintain library of assets on shared drive.
- Create basic flyers and graphics for marketing purposes.
- Maintain library of marketing materials and ensure flyers and brochures are available for visitors and retreatants.
- Support the creation and implementation of email campaigns and other communications, including email design, list segmentation, and reporting; ensure consistency, quality, and delivery.
- Assist with the development and creation of blog content (including copy editing, photo searches, technical support for video production and podcasts), as well as online marketing and fundraising.
- Research and monitor social media trends on mindfulness and contemplative thought and integrate leading concepts into our social media postings.
- Perform weekly website audits for accuracy.
- Proofread all marketing and communications web content checking format, technical/functionality and overall accuracy of pages.
- Support content creation for emails, digital newsletters, and other digital outbound marketing tools as needed.
- Coordinate advertising calendar and design advertisements for online and print media outlets.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies and social media trends through relevant blogs, listservs, and events.
- Distribute various marketing materials within the Garrison local area.
- Attend occasional events or programs including some in evenings or on weekends.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a focus in communications, marketing, or graphic design.
- Proficiency with website management, analytics, and data tools. • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment working collaboratively with all team members.
- Flexibility and adaptability through changing department priorities.
- Interest in spirituality, contemplation, wisdom traditions, and movement building.
- Strong copy-editing and writing abilities.
- Possess excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Expertise in creating social media content.
- Detailed orientated with a keen sense of organization.
- Excellent time-management and decision-making skills while able to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines maintaining quality content.
- Strong background (3+ years ideally) using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with video production and editing software.
- Experience with CRM software a real plus, but not required.
About the Garrison Institute
Founded in 2003, the Garrison Institute is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian organization exploring the intersection of contemplation and engaged action in the world. The mission of the Garrison Institute is to apply the transformative power of contemplation to today’s pressing social and environmental concerns, helping to build a more just and compassionate future.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter along with three writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Garrison Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.