Associate Director, Annual Giving
3 days left
- Experience Level
The Associate Director of Annual Giving is responsible for all aspects of the Signal Society program ($1,500-$4,999), including donor strategy, planning renewal and special campaigns, data analysis and donor stewardship. Working in collaboration with the Leadership Giving team ($5,000 and above), this position also coordinates the writing of major donor correspondence, including solicitation and renewal letters and the annual major donor newsletter. The ideal candidate will have experience planning fundraising campaigns and creating communications strategy. Attention to detail, strong project management skills, and a desire to create and maintain orderly systems are key qualities for this position.
- Plan and execute multi-channel renewal, upgrade, additional gift, and other select campaigns to meet revenue goals.
- Manage a portfolio of donors giving from $1,500-$4,999 to ensure that proper stewardship is provided, including acknowledgement and recognition.
- Analyze giving level trends and retention rates to maximize the success of renewal and upgrade strategies. Work with the senior director of leadership gifts in the development of annual budget.
- Mange the writing of major donor written and digital communications including renewals, acknowledgements, project reports and quarterly stewardship outreach. Produce annual major donor newsletter; gather content and images, write copy, coordinate production and route for approval.
- Work closely with membership counterparts to develop, implement and test strategies to grow and strengthen the donor pipeline.
- Lead coordination of quarterly donor tours, and attend and provide necessary assistance at major donor events. Work with the director of patron events to create and deploy follow-up emails and surveys to guests.
Other essential duties as required:
- During times of heavy gift volume (e.g., end of tax year, end of fiscal year), may be called upon to assist with gift processing duties such as photocopying financial backup paperwork, data entry, and drafting acknowledgement letters.
Education: Bachelor's Degree Years of experience: 2+ years
- Minimum of four years experience in fundraising/development in the annual fund or major gift area.
- Proven track record of meeting revenue goals and setting budgets.
- Proficiency with MS Office and database management; experience with Salesforce and Marketing Cloud preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with excellent attention to detail, copy editing and experience writing in multiple “voices”.
- The individual should be energetic, self-directed and assertive, and also flexible, creative and understanding.
- Communication and interpersonal skills must be at the highest possible level.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent educational training preferred.
Let us tell you more about our benefits:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family-friendly workplace offering 20 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) with employer match. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition, we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide citizens with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st-century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
We celebrate diversity, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning and partner with those who share our passion for public services