Director of Development
4 days left
- Experience Level
About the Organization
Be Like Brit is committed to raising the next generation of leaders in Haiti. Our commitment is to continue the compassion of Britney Gengel by serving the children of Haiti through sustaining a safe, nurturing home rooted in the virtues of Faith, Hope and Love while developing a sense of social responsibility, community involvement and unconditional love. Brit’s Home in Grand Goave Haiti was built after the tragic Haiti earthquake which took the life of Britney Gengel in 2010. We provide care and stellar education for 66 children while also providing invaluable service to the surrounding community inclusive of home building, medical care and employment. Be Like Brit is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the US and a registered NGO in Haiti.
The Director of Development will provide build and provide strategic leadership for all aspects of Be Like Brit fundraising and external engagement efforts. The Director of Development will increase philanthropic revenue from individuals, corporations and foundations to support Be Like Brit. This person will cultivate and strengthen relationships with current and future supporters, solicit contributions on behalf of the organization and build a community of philanthropic investors who share in our mission.
Candidates should be experienced, passionate fundraising professionals with a proven record of establishing and growing a comprehensive fundraising program bringing major gifts and consistent revenue streams to non-profit organizations.
- Build and implement a comprehensive, strong, growing fundraising program in support of the Be Like Brit mission and organizational goals.
- Implement fundraising strategies with special emphasis on major giving, corporate partnership programs, foundation relations initiatives, deferred and planned giving that increase the organization’s support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources.
- Build strong relationships with the BLB staff, Board of Directors, and volunteers, leveraging their talents to enhance fundraising activities. Mentor and guide Be Like Brit team to develop fundraising skills to support their revenue generating efforts.
- Strong appreciation for the Be Like Brit mission and ability to articulate eloquently the mission to current and potential donors.
- Demonstrable track record of personally identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and closing major gifts from individual donors, corporations and foundations.
- Proven ability to bring creative, entrepreneurial and effective strategies to the major gift pipeline.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and quickly gain the respect and support of various constituencies, including board and staff members, donors, foundation and civic leaders.
- A solid understanding of nonprofit/for-profit fiscal management, principles and best practices
- Creative, resilient and strategic in approach.
- A track record as an effective communicator; highly developed skills in writing and speaking. Strong competence at crafting proposals, donor correspondence and other kinds of materials communicating Be Like Brit’s mission to a broad audience.
- Passion for philanthropy and nonprofit work.
- Organized, detail orientated and proven ability to multi-task.
- Openness to travel (inclusive of travel to Haiti) to support revenue opportunities.