Social Media Coordinator
- Experience Level
JOB TITLE: Social Media Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Communications Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Social Media Coordinator is the primary manager for the school’s social media strategy and online community engagement. The position supports the Communications team’s goals and objectives in achieving earned media presence and social content amplification.
- 1-2 years experience managing a mission-oriented organization’s social platforms.
- Applicant must possess a strong commitment to the NOLS mission.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert-level knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media platforms’ best practices.
- Proven track record of successfully creating and managing social media campaigns.
- Experience with relevant software applications and digital analytic tools.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and problem solve, and the ability to craft messages appropriately for varying online audiences are essential.
- Must have solid project management skills and follow-through.
- Basic understanding of SEO and ability to align SEO efforts with NOLS’ social media strategy.
- Experience blogging, networking, and related internet use/skills.
- Previous experience with outside digital media agencies.
- Familiar with Photoshop, and all popular social media platforms. Applicant should have an eye for visual assets, including photography and video.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Onboards and trains employees from NOLS locations around the world on how to manage our social media platforms. Onboards and supervises the NOLS PR & Marketing intern.
- Generate and schedule content for the NOLS social channels to increase brand awareness, increase followers, and boost engagement.
- Build and maintain relationships through online communication including prospective students, current students, alumni, and staff, as appropriate.
- Monitor, track, and execute campaigns that increase online enrollment.
- Generate social media reports to measure success of every campaign.
- Manage boosted posts and monitor the performance of paid ads.
- Work with the web content administrator to integrate social media onto nols.edu.
- Provide support for and help manage our PPC and display advertising.
- Brainstorm and implement audience engagement projects across social media platforms.
- Collaborate with Communications manager and writers to create stories for the NOLS blog.
- Grow and manage the NOLS Influencer program.
- Participate in discussions and inform Communications team members about projects, initiatives, and mentions happening around the school.
- Research and implement social best practices for content posted to social media.
- Stay up to date on outdoor education, retail, and larger industry trends across marketing and social platforms.
- Support crisis communications needs and monitor natural disasters and events in operating areas.
- Attend events and travel to NOLS locations to seek out and share stories.
- Train NOLS staff and interns, when applicable, in participation and use of social media for NOLS.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NOLS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability unrelated to job or admission requirements, or status as a protected veteran. The school’s nondiscrimination policy applies to all phases of its employment process, its admission and financial aid programs, and to all other aspects of its educational programs and activities. Retaliation directed to any person who pursues a discrimination complaint or grievance, participates in a discrimination investigation, or otherwise opposes unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all NOLS employees.
E-VERIFY: NOLS participates in E-verify.
WORK LOCATION: NOLS World Headquarters, Lander, Wyoming.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Sophie Komornicki.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 10, 2019.
STARTING DATE: ASAP.