Foundation Relations Coordinator
- Degree Level
Foundation Relations Coordinator
Who We Are:
The Atlanta Community Food Bank is working to end hunger in our community with the food, people and big ideas needed so that no one worries where their next meal is coming from. Since 1979, we’ve been providing food for a growing network of nonprofit partners – including food pantries, community kitchens, child care centers, night shelters and senior centers. We currently serve more than 600 partners in 29 counties across metro Atlanta and north Georgia.
About the Role:
The Foundation Relations Coordinator will write and report grants from a 6-figure portfolio of private foundations, corporations and government funding sources and will be key in helping secure funding to meet unprecedented levels of hunger in Atlanta and North Georgia. This Coordinator will work with program staff and senior leaders at the Food Bank to develop strong, well-written proposals while also maintaining a related grant reporting calendar and regularly interacting with foundation officers, corporate contacts and local, state and federal officials. Supervised by the Foundation Relations Manager, the Foundation Relations Coordinator will work closely with internal partners to stay current on fundable Food Bank activities and ensure that program staff is able to produce data needed for proposals and reports. He or she will manage relationships with multiple funders and multiple non-negotiable deadlines and will be responsible for helping to grow organizational giving as an integral part of the Food Bank’s strategic plan. The Coordinator will also work closely with the Manager to identify potential funders as well as current grant funders ready to increase their giving.
- Provide project coordination for a 6-figure portfolio of current grantors to the Food Bank
- Work with the Manager to ensure that the grant writing and grant reporting schedules are up-to-date and on track to meet deadlines
- Coordinate the submission process for approximately 75 annual requests for general operating and program-specific funds
- Coordinate site visits, informal visits, contacts and check ins, and other forms of cultivation with portfolio of funders
- Coordinate the reporting process for unrestricted and restricted grants
- Help identify, research and cultivate new prospects for organizational-based funding
- Track and maintain accurate donor records in Raiser’s Edge
- Gather the requested documentation for proposals and reports
- Submit all proposals and reports on or before deadline
Continuous Process Improvement
- Participate in grant technical assistance meetings, trainings and webinars related to grants processes.
- Participate in professional development trainings.
- Take responsibility for personal knowledge development and regularly seek opportunities to improve knowledge and skills with new systems, processes, resources and tools.
- Participate in Raiser’s Edge, HR Trainings and other job-related trainings as assigned.
- Participate in Development Department donor-related events such as the Atlanta Apartment Association’s Food-a-thon along with other events as assigned.
- Work with within Development team, Supply Chain, Agency Services and Finance to develop a deep understanding of the current status of leading programs and projects as well as working closely with the program staff to ensure that outcomes/reporting data are gathered in an organized and timely manner.
What You’ll Need:
- Four-year college degree
- Minimum two consecutive years successfully writing and managing high five figure grants. Experience must have occurred within the past three to five years
- Demonstrated experience writing clear, compelling and succinct proposals and related documents
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Proven experience successfully working with multiple external deadlines
- Experienced in formal and informal in-person presentations to donors in site visits and other settings
- Experience maintaining highly confidential and proprietary information
Even Better if You Have:
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM
- Experience in prospect research
- Prior experience working with programs funded by restricted grants/contracts
And You'll Love this Position if:
- You have proven experience delivering excellent customer service.
- You have exceptional attentiveness to detail, especially in documentation and reporting
- You have experience working in a fast paced environment and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- You are passionate about helping others, and believe in the mission of the Atlanta Community Food Bank – To fight hunger by engaging, educating, and empowering our community.
- Planning & Organization
There may be some Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is routinely required to lift up to 10 lbs
- Expected travel time for this position is minimal. Regional travel within a flexible schedule may be required.