- Experience Level
Join our MEDA Team
At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income Latino families in San Francisco’s Mission District by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education and more. As MEDA continues to strengthen this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!
Your Career Opportunity
As Evaluation Director, you will be part of a fast-paced, dynamic evaluation team building on and telling the story of MEDA’s achievements, refining and implementing a framework for project results, measurement, accountability, and learning that will position the organization for continued success. The Director will provide leadership and technical oversight, direction and support on performance monitoring, as well as ensure that lessons learned are captured and fed back into organizational sustainability. This position will head the organization’s efforts at developing, and implementing, and showcasing an effective knowledge management system to ensure that MEDA is a true “learning organization”. The Director is responsible for facilitating the communication of MEDA’s contributions to the field locally, regionally, and nationally.
This work is challenging and fun as you work with our talented staff to bring data to life. Successful candidates will bring their superb writing skills and collaborative nature to the work along with their desire to make San Francisco a better place for families of all backgrounds.
Specifically, you will:
- Oversee tracking, reporting and analyzing outcomes for programs and large-scale community initiatives
- Foster organizational culture of data fluency and appreciation for data management systems and using data for program improvement and learning
- Working with the Results Based Accountability (RBA) framework, and coordinating closely with departments, provide systemic analysis and research development of both program and population level results related to MEDA’s core programs: Asset Building Programs, Community Real Estate, Mission Promise Neighborhood, the Adelante Fund, and Policy & Advocacy.
- Lead research efforts to inform practice through collection and analysis of case management and survey data, as well as publically available data such as U.S. Census and City of San Francisco data.
- Communicate data in an accessible, user-friendly manner for multiple audiences.
Your Keys to Success
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- Graduate degree required in Education, Sociology, Public Policy, Public Health, Urban Planning, Statistics or related field
- High degree of independence, initiative, responsibility, and capability in managing projects
- Skilled, strong personnel and project manager, who can leverage existing team strengths to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- An experience-based understanding of community and youth development program evaluation and measurement of outcomes at the program, organization and population level
- Creative writer who is able to bring data to life for a variety of audiences
- Ability to develop and provide in-person and online presentations including training on evaluation systems and results of program evaluation to multiple stakeholders including partners, funders, and community members
- Lived experience with low-income, Latino immigrant communities
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Your MEDA Experience
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged for your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA's values and mission. We invest in people's lives and support our own people's health and financial well-being.
Our core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents – 100 percent covered by MEDA
- 401(k) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off -- minimum of 20 days for new employees
- Employee Assistance Program that offer free financial or legal counseling to employees or their families
- Other forms of voluntary benefits
Please click on the following link and complete the application including your cover letter and resume.