Social Worker - Youth Advocate
- Experience Level
A Youth Advocate will provide clinical leadership to a multi-disciplinary team and provide coaching to support each youth achieve their goals of housing stability, sustainable employment, and educational achievement. A YA will provide intensive case management as well as develop and implement intervention strategies for youth. The position carries a case load of about 15 youth, and spends most of their time out in the field meeting with youth at their apartments, on the job, or at other locations in the community.
- Develops partnership strategy with each youth.
- Provides direct support, coaching, mentoring and intervention to increase youth self-sufficiency and goal attainment.
- Collaborates with community providers including county workers, courts, professionals, vocational and independent living skills in programs, schools, family members and significant others.
- Completes documentation including but not limited to: Care and Services plans, needs assessments, and progress notes.
- Master's Degree in a discipline to be eligible to register with the BBS as an ASW, MFTi, or LPCi and working toward professional licensure.
- Experience working with transition age youth with complex presentations including chronic trauma preferred. Experience does not substitute for professional degree and/ certification.
- Must be comfortable working in community settings.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have the ability and skill to drive a vehicle.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan.
- Benefits coverage for employee and dependents
- 401 (k) Retirement plan
- LTD and Flex Spending Account