Clinical Program Manager
- Experience Level
Job Title -- Clinical Program Manager
The Clinical Manager is an energetic, collaborative and results-oriented leader who will supervise Master's level social work and multi-disciplinary case management staff and manage overall operations of an integrated services program including housing, employment and education, My First Place, for 18-24-year-old transition-age foster and former foster youth.The Manager provides leadership to a staff team of 8 professional and additional support staff ensuring effective, accurate program implementation, excellence in participant care, adherence to First Place for Youth policies, and efficient operations. The Manager is responsible to monitor outcomes toward achieving program and individual youth outcomes. The Manager participates on the middle management team and is responsible to coordinate with other agency departments, hire and evaluate staff teams, develop resources and implement training to ensure a well-trained high functioning team, and to provide direct oversight of all aspects of program to ensure quality and compliance.
The Clinical Manager reports to the Director of Programs. This position requires a clinical professional whose passion for First Place's vision is matched with energetic leadership, sound judgment in the face of complex challenges, and a proven track record of successfully managing direct-service teams.
Program Staff Supervision
- Hire, train, develop and supervise a multi-disciplinary team of social work and case management staff including Youth Advocates/Social Workers, Employment and Education Specialists, and Intake Specialists among others. Lead team members in setting personal and program-wide work goals and in maintaining accountability for goal achievement. Facilitate regular weekly program staff meetings. Conduct annual reviews of direct reports.
- Ensure fidelity to program model through weekly individual supervision with each staff person including routine field observations of staff. Lead or co-lead a supervision group for staff working toward licensure, as assigned. Monitor staff effectiveness and support professional growth through review of outcome and practice data.
- Provide training and consultation grounded in evidence based practice and First Place for Youth guiding principles including but not limited to trauma-informed care, positive youth development, motivational interviewing. With management team, implement, train, and coach staff in best practice strategies.
- Ensure quality of services and accuracy and timeliness of all aspects of participant records including timely submission of all utilization, fidelity and outcome data. Participate in meetings to review participant progress and utilize data to evaluate progress and consider strategies to recalibrate intervention to ensure success. Include development of team based strategies and excellent collaboration among team members.
- Ensure that all My First Place staff are aligned with mission, values, and goals of First Place, capable of acting as ambassadors for the agency at all times, and focused on achieving outcomes, including integrated use of data and evaluative feedback.
- May provide direct intervention as needed including consultative support, crisis intervention, participation in or facilitation of meetings with youth, county workers, and others, conflict mediation.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and effective functioning of assigned team; track outcomes, manage budget and grants, implement case plans, contribute to and ensure compliance with program policy and ensure retention of youth in housing.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff on all components and processes of First Place for Youth program with particular emphasis on assigned program.
- As assigned, implement intake and referral system to ensure full census, low vacancy, and retention of youth in program. Effectively manage team to ensure baseline assessments and summaries are timely and accurate.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with community partners including County Social Work and Probation staff and supervisors.
- Participate in the implementation of First Place's outreach and marketing strategy to promote referrals, education about services, and utilization of First Place programming and services as assigned.
- Champion Continuous Quality Improvement and participate on other committees as assigned.
- MFT, LCSW or equivalent professional license required. Two years post-license experience strongly preferred.
- EXPERIENCE - At least three years' years of full-time social work or casework employment in the field of family or child welfare services. Milieu experience preferred.
- Prior supervisorial experience a plus.
- DIRECT SERVICE EXPERIENCE - at least 5 years' experience working with underserved and disadvantaged youth, preferably current and former foster youth.
- FIELD KNOWLEDGE - Excellent understanding of education and employment resources for youth as well as awareness of other services for young adults and young parents.
- Knowledge of which local community referral resources will best meet the needs of youth at the First Steps Center or in the My First Place program.
- PEOPLE, PROJECT AND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT SKILLS - Exemplary people management skills, strategic leadership abilities, and the ability to link the development of people with achievement of organizational outcomes. Effective team leadership skills. Cross-functional collaborative capacity. Ability to either take direction or work independently as the situation requires. Strong supervisory skills and proven success supporting staff development and empowerment. Demonstrated success organizing, managing and evaluating programs, events, campaigns or productions.
- STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to effectively present information to top management and program staff. Professional demeanor and the ability to represent the interests of the agency with community stakeholders.
- COMPUTER SKILLS - Proficiency with Office 2000 applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experienced with data-base systems. Experience with Efforts to Outcomes database is a plus.
- TRANSPORTATION - Dependable car, valid driver's license and proof of insurance required.
- AVAILABILITY for some evening and weekend work and for travel as needed.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Generous paid vacation and holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan.
• Benefits coverage for employee and dependents
• 401 (k) Retirement plan
• LTD and Flex Spending Account
About the Company:
First Place for Youth is the largest agency in California dedicated exclusively to providing access to affordable housing and resources for transition-age foster youth and has grown to become a nationally recognized model.
First Place programs consistently produce high outcomes; when compared to the general population of former foster youth, our participants are eight times less likely to experience homelessness, twice as likely to graduate from high school and nine times more likely to enroll in college, three times as likely to be employed and three times less likely to give birth before age 21. In Fiscal Year 2012, First Place served more than 2,000 youth in five California counties and has experienced a 70 percent growth in the last four years.