Class B Driver
- Experience Level
Are you a skilled Class B Driver who believes in lending your skills to end hunger? If so, consider being a Class B Driver/Warehouse Worker for the San Francisco Marin Food Bank.
The SF Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 4 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for a Class B Driver/Warehouse Worker to join the team in our transportation and operations efforts. See job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Drive Food Bank trucks to make prompt deliveries and pick-ups of donations and complete the related paperwork in a timely fashion. Perform daily warehouse duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive commercial Food Bank vehicles to accomplish all donation pick-ups, product deliveries, Emergency Food Box delivery, and food drive barrel delivery/pick-up.
- Use material handling equipment (stand up forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) in a safe manner to perform all daily warehouse duties: receiving, storage, agency order pulling, salvage, produce sorting, and receiving.
- Maintain vehicle preventative maintenance logs.
- Maintain an organized and sanitary facility.
- Monitor equipment condition and maintain equipment logs.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Possession and maintenance of a clean California Class “B” driver's license with air brake endorsement.
- One year driving experience in the San Francisco area preferred.
- Previous warehouse experience a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent with good basic math skills.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff and volunteers) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
PAY RATE: $22.92 / hour
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
**To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each of the essential job requirements satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.