Summer Membership and Development Office Internship
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
The Piedmont Park Conservancy, a nonprofit organization, is a member and donor-funded organization working in partnership with the city of Atlanta to fulfill its mission: to enhance and preserve Piedmont Park as a vital, urban green space, and as a cultural and recreational resource that enriches the quality of life for all Atlantans. Since 1989, over $66 million has been invested into Piedmont Park through capital improvements raised by the Conservancy. Today, the Conservancy requires over $3 million dollars in donations every year in order to manage and enhance Piedmont Park and its programs.
This position supports the fundraising team and will assist with membership, grants and events. Responsibilities will vary depending upon the goals and interest of the intern and the current projects of the department. The objective is for the intern to gain invaluable nonprofit experience in fundraising, event planning, donor database management, donor relations, grant research, managing solicitations while working closely with the Chief Development Officer, Membership Manager and Grants Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and assist with logistics for special events.
- Help coordinate and track silent auction items.
- Be available to assist staff to host membership tables at night and weekend events
- Coordinate and solicit in-kind gifts for fundraising events.
- Research business partners for fundraising events.
- Assist with multiple aspects of donor relations and development activities included but not limited to: fundraising events, meeting, tours and other donor-related activities.
- Research to assist with solicitation of foundations, corporate and individual donations.
- Researching foundational grants whose goals align with the mission of the Conservancy.
- Help write membership campaign and fundraising solicitation content.
- Assist with development projects related to donor recognition and stewardship including cultivation events and engagement events.
- Other projects may include organizing and preparing materials for meetings, tracking donations, and working with volunteers.
- Provide administrative support and other duties as needed.
- Prefer candidates that have completed two years of college in business, management or communications.
- Interest in the nonprofit sector and/or green space.
- Experience or coursework in fundraising or nonprofit management a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient user of office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, Outlook). Donor database experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed.
- Strict adherence to ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
- Previous fundraising experience a plus, but not required.
- Commitment to summer employment
- Unpaid internship: 20 – 25 hours a week, over a minimum of three days.
- Specific hours to be determined.
- Start date and end date are flexible.
- Must be able to pass an e-verification and background check.
Please send a cover letter indicating your interest in the position and resume to Stacey Sapp at email@example.com. EOE