- Experience Level
Are you a charismatic leader interested in maintaining the rich cultural landscape of one of the most historic cities in our country? Savannah Tree Foundation is seeking a creative and energetic executive to lead our organization into the future. Founded in 1982, we are a highly respected and effective non-profit dedicated to protecting, preserving, and planting trees. Working closely with local government, non-profit partners and local citizens, we endeavor to grow the tree canopy of our majestic city to insure a healthier, safer, economically strong, and environmentally sound community.
Under the direction of the STF Board of Directors, the Executive Director has the responsibility to identify and pursue funding, maintain positive working relationships with city and community partners, as well as manage programs and day-to-day operations. To be successful, the Executive Director must be a proactive, energetic, and experienced leader willing to advocate for community support, negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes, and enhance our organizational capacity to achieve our mission.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in:
- Financial development including community fundraising,
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with government officials,
- Building relationships with community partner organizations,
- Independent leadership for organization and administrative soundness.
This full-time position is scheduled to begin in spring 2019. For a detailed job description, visit SavannahTree.com. Competitive salary based on experience.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent skills and experience
· 5 or more years of relevant professional work experience
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
· Creativity and flexibility
· Experience in fundraising and community development
· Experience working independently and leading a team
· High energy, entrepreneurial spirit
· Experience working in the non-profit sector
· Experience with community outreach, volunteers, partnerships, and fundraising
· Experience hiring, managing and supervising staff
· Communications experience including social media, press, and newsletters
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to Heather Gordon at heather@SavannahTree.com
This position will be open until filled. Review of applications is ongoing.
A background check, clean drug test, and references will be required.