Planned Giving Officer
- Experience Level
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Planned Giving Officer. The Planned Giving Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding planned gift prospects through a qualified portfolio within a geographic territory, responding to planned giving inquiries, and working collaboratively with special and major gift colleagues as well as local Habitat offices.
This position will be based in Atlanta, GA.
- Portfolio Development:
- Manage relationships and solicit/steward major and planned gifts within a portfolio of 150-200 qualified planned giving prospects within a defined geographic territory.
- Assist Special and Major Gift colleagues, and local Habitats within a region, in cultivating and soliciting planned gifts
- Respond to inquiries sent to the Planned Giving mailbox and through marketing efforts.
- Cultivation: Complete and document 120 substantive calls and/or face-to-face visits per year with planned gift prospects. Substantive calls are defined as those that either include a solicitation for a current or planned gift or clearly advance the relationship toward a solicitation. A good example of a substantive call is the presentation of a gift annuity proposal followed by asking for the gift commitment.
- Database integrity: Keep up-to-date CRM (constituent relationship management) records on donor/prospect actions to demonstrate progress toward goals and track collaborations with other development officers. Secure and record up-to-date biographical data. Use CRM to build and track annual moves management plans for all assigned prospects; to prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as necessary; and to evaluate effectiveness of cultivation, and solicitation strategies. Also included in this category is continuing education to keep current with CRM skills, tax law changes and planned giving techniques.
- Local Habitat activities: Work within the HFHI Collaborative Operating Model framework to build effective partnerships with local Habitat affiliates and to coordinate planned giving activities for shared relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in fundraising, planned giving, financial planning and/or banking/investment services, including a demonstrated record of accomplishment in managing relationships, closing gifts and meeting goals.
- Superior presentation and communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively.
- Attentive to detail and commitment to full utilization of CRM software for recordkeeping.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Creative self-starter with high energy level, self-confidence and positive attitude.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Working knowledge of planned giving techniques.
- Fondness for and appreciation of the wisdom and experiences of our more mature citizens; ability to gain their trust.
- Ability and fondness for working collaboratively with colleagues
- Legal, financial or investment planning a plus.