Marketing and Communications Program Coordinator (Coordinator II)
- Experience Level
Marketing & Communications
The Ecology Center
The Ecology Center is a 49-year-old nonprofit located in West Berkeley. Our mission is to inspire and build a sustainable, healthy, and just future for the East Bay, California, and beyond. The Ecology Center transforms the ideas of sustainability into everyday practice. We offer information you can act on, infrastructure you can count on, and leadership for lasting change. We are working toward a world of resilient communities, zero waste and toxics, equal access to healthy food, sustainable resource use, and a safe and stable climate.
Founded in the run-up to the first Earth Day in 1970, the Ecology Center has been a regional and national leader on a wide range of issues, turning vision into action and cementing it with advocacy. We operate the nation's first and longest running curbside recycling service, nationally recognized food and farming programs, and model education and engagement activities.
We are a committed, congenial, and diverse staff dedicated to making the world a better place through action. Every employee is integral to the success of our organization. We value vision, collaboration, and creative problem-solving. If you are passionate and qualified, we encourage you to apply to be part of our team.
The Development Department leads the organization's strategy for fundraising & communication, and helps to support the growth of community partnerships. Development also works closely with programmatic staff to support the outward landscape of the organization through key communications delivered throughout a diversity of media channels.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator works to increase the effectiveness, visibility, and reach of the organization through marketing and communications. Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator works collaboratively with all Ecology Center programs to motivate the public to donate to our organization, use our services, attend our events, and engage with our campaigns. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator helps maintain and develop our CRM platform for member and donor communications and drives the Ecology Center’s social media presence. This position also maintains and updates the organization’s website, photo archives and other digital assets, and supports and executes marketing, publicity, and advocacy efforts.
- Develop and implement communication and marketing strategy across media platforms that keep the marketing of the organization clear and cohesive.
- Spearhead and develop engaging branding through graphic design and other illustrative content.
- Create social media content that drives engagement and donations, highlights our campaigns and services, reinforces partnerships with allies and influencers, and elevates our focal issues.
- Manage community social media engagement, responding in a timely manner to comments, tags, and retweets, etc. Schedule and edit social media content created by other program staff.
- Support Ecology Center fundraising efforts through member communications, direct mail, print and online appeals, design of annual reports, guides membership acknowledgment, event assistance.
- Prepare monthly newsletters and other mass email communiqués as needed, facilitate the development of original content from all Ecology Center programs, and edit the content submitted by fellow staff
- Support public relations campaigns: proof and publish press releases, assemble press kits, arrange press events, track press coverage, and grow media contacts database
- Create and implement strategies to build and segment our lists with accuracy and efficiency.
- Edit website content as needed, updating images and copy and working with web support contractors to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Help develop digital marketing strategies for Ecology Center Store and Farmers’ Market; design and place digital ads.
- Livestream strategic events online, create short video properties for social media, and organize Ecology Center video archives.
- Organize photo archives and other digital assets and oversee photo documentation, editing, and sharing protocols.
- Research and advance EC communications style and technology to stay current with trends in digital organizing and effective engagement with target audiences; manage vendor relations for our communications platforms
- Collaborate with Development staff and IT professionals to design and automate communication systems.
- Supervise and mentor youth interns who create social media content for our various programs
- Ensure that volunteers, youth interns, and contractors comply with organizational policies and procedures, observe safe operating practices and comply with organizational safety policies.
- Perform other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma/GED required and four years of experience in communications, marketing, promotions or social media work context.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Ecology Center mission and vision.
- Warm, thoughtful, articulate communication style that can be adapted to many different media platforms, situations, and audiences
- Ability to engage diverse audiences across all channels for development/fundraising strategy
- Excellent and flexible writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, InDesign, Photoshop, Wordpress and familiarity with mass email platforms such as Constant Contact, and MailChimp
- Publicity, promotion, and marketing skills
- Willingness to acquire training to further develop knowledge of social media, digital organizing, and communications technologies
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as work cooperatively with other staff
- Knowledge of environmental issues
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, efficient, and well organized.
- Ability to contribute to a fruitful, harmonious, diverse, and supportive organizational culture
- Ability to effectively supervise interns, work study students, or volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in communications, marketing, promotions, or social media in work context.
Full-time, non-exempt position; starting pay range is $21.20 to $24.37 depending on qualifications. Please note that only internal candidates are eligible for the highest starting pay rate. This position is eligible for benefits which include fully paid employee medical, dental, optional vision plan, fully vested 401K plan, vacation/sick/holiday pay, Employee Assistance Program
- Complete application found at www.ecologycenter.org/jobs/.
- Send completed application, resume, and cover letter to Erika Evearitt at email@example.com. Please add “Marketing & Communications PCII” in email subject line.
Open until filled. Please apply early as this position posting may close at any time.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We value diversity. People of color, people LGBTQIA-identified, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and formerly incarcerated individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE/AA.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Environment $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Development / Fundraising Environment $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Event Planning Environment $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Marketing / Communications Environment $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Program / Project Management Environment $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley