Program Associate, GreenLight Philadelphia
- Position Type
- Full Time
Since its founding in 2004, GreenLight has worked at the intersection of social innovation and community need. GreenLight is focused on identifying the most urgent barriers to economic mobility for low-income residents in our communities and addressing them by selecting and bringing in the country’s best social innovations that have proven impact. We do this by running a process in our communities that bring together key local leaders to:
- Identify critical needs
- Find and bring into the community innovative, entrepreneurial social programs that can have a significant, measurable impact addressing those needs, and
- Galvanize local support to help programs reach and sustain impact in the new city.
We have run this selection and importation process 22 times in our seven sites: Boston, San Francisco Bay Area, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Detroit, Charlotte and Kansas City. Collectively, portfolio organizations across our sites are reaching more than 60,000 individuals annually with proven, life-changing programs. This number is growing exponentially as we add new sites and new portfolio organizations across our sites.
To learn more about the GreenLight Fund, please visit www.greenlightfund.org.
GreenLight Fund Philadelphia seeks an energetic, organized and talented Program Associate to support all aspects of strategy and operations. The Program Associate will lead and support a diverse array of activities, ranging from research and diligence on key local issues and prospective portfolio organizations, to event management, and strategic communications. The Program Associate will report to the Executive Director of GreenLight’s Philadelphia site, and work collaboratively across the GreenLight Fund national network.
Communications and Investor Development
- Maintain and contribute regularly to GreenLight Fund Philadelphia’s blog, Twitter account, and e-newsletter.
- Lead planning and management of portfolio organization launch events;
- Support event sponsor outreach and follow-up;
- Research potential supporters for GreenLight’s events and fundraising efforts; and
- Write grant proposals as needed.
Research and Diligence
- Lead research on current, relevant Philadelphia issues and priorities among low-income communities;
- Perform local landscape analysis including meetings with local experts and field analysis in priority issues;
- Conduct diligence on prospective portfolio organizations, including financial analysis and evaluation report analysis;
- Record diligence in Salesforce database and share across sites; and
- Conduct broader research on field trends as needed.
Administration and Support
- Lead planning and management of GreenLight Philadelphia summer interns and projects;
- Prepare materials for Selection Advisory Council reports and meetings, and present research and diligence findings;
- Support scheduling and follow-up of key meetings, in partnership with ED;
- Perform data entry, including contact and file management;
- Maintain diligence database in Salesforce;
- Support national team, as needed; and
- Support portfolio organizations, as needed.
- Minimum three years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred;
- A deep commitment to improving the lives of Philadelphians and an understanding of urban issues facing low-income communities;
- Outstanding research, writing and communication skills;
- Experience using CRM databases (e.g. Salesforce) and Microsoft Excel;
- Willingness to quickly learn and analyze new information;
- Ability to take initiative and think creatively;
- Flexibility, humor and a passion for GreenLight’s mission and the City of Philadelphia
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, as a single pdf attachment, addressed to Omar Woodard, GreenLight Fund Philadelphia Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Philadelphia Associate”.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. GreenLight Fund offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Capacity Building / Volunteerism $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Event Planning Capacity Building / Volunteerism $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Marketing / Communications Capacity Building / Volunteerism $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Program / Project Management Capacity Building / Volunteerism $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Research Capacity Building / Volunteerism $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Philadelphia