Communications Intern - Summer
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is looking for an exceptional undergraduate/graduate student to work directly with the communications team on an array of marketing and web projects. You will work with passionate professionals, learn first-hand how to apply best practices in communications and enjoy a real opportunity to make an impact on a debilitating disease. Please commit to 20-25 hours a week. Start and end dates are flexible, but we ask that you commit to a 3-month time frame for a Summer internship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts research and communications audits
- Assists with website updates
- Social media management: listening, reporting and creating content
- Media monitoring
- Various marketing activities
- Array of administrative duties
We are looking for a high-caliber intern to support our communications department. We need an individual who is committed to a high standard of excellence and can tackle an ambitious agenda. Our ideal candidate is a:
- Current college student (junior/senior) or graduate student
- Self-starter who takes initiative, comfortable wearing many hats, can solve problems self-sufficiently, but takes direction well
- Strong writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- HTML skills preferable
- Prior work and/or intern experience a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 3, 2019. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Communications Intern - Summer” in the subject line. Please specify availability in the cover letter. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.