Manager of Corporate & Community Engagement, NYC
- Experience Level
iMentor builds mentoring relationships that empower students in low-income communities to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions. Students work with their mentors one-on-one, in-person and online, to develop strong personal relationships, nurture a college aspiration, navigate the college application process, and build critical skills that lead to college success. In New York City, Chicago, and the Bay Area, iMentor partners with public schools to ensure every student in the schools receives a mentor. iMentor also provides its curriculum, technology, and best practices to help nonprofits run effective programs in the iMentor model.
This year, iMentor NYC will serve over 3,800 mentor-mentee pairs at 14 public high schools throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx, where a majority of students served will be first-generation college graduates. Since 1999, iMentor has connected more than 25,000 students with mentors and this year, iMentor is serving nearly 9,000 students across the country.
iMentor has been recognized through funding from many of the leading education funders in the country, including the Ballmer Group, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, the Robin Hood Foundation, the Bezos Family Foundation, New Profit Inc., and the Kresge Foundation. iMentor is one of the nation’s most innovative and quickly growing college success organizations. As a team, we are collaborative, fun, bring passion and joy to our work, and deeply believe in human potential. iMentor was recently named one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times. Read more about our work and values at: http://www.imentor.org
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe that people of all backgrounds deserve equal access to educational opportunities. Recognizing that our country’s history of racism and systemic oppression continues to drive educational disparities for students of color, we give special focus to addressing the economic and racial divides that impact the communities we serve. We are committed to the collective work and intentional investment necessary to consistently move in the direction of educational equity and inclusion.
iMentor NYC is seeking a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial individual to recruit volunteer mentors for iMentor NYC, providing support in the goal of recruiting 1,500 volunteer mentors for the 2019-20 program year. Reporting to the Associate Director of Corporate Engagement (ADCE), the Manager, Corporate and Community Engagement (MCCE) is responsible for creating and executing corporate and community recruitment partnerships and outreach initiatives to mobilize a pool of high-quality, diverse mentors to drive college success outcomes for our mentees.
The MCCE will collaborate with the ADCE on implementing a corporate recruitment strategy, focused on both stewarding existing and developing new corporate partnerships with a wide variety of companies and corporate affinity groups to ensure we recruit a mentor base that represents the vast diversity of NYC. The MCCE will lead the execution of a community recruitment strategy, focused on stewarding and developing partnerships with community-based organizations, college alumni organizations, and other community-based partners.
The ideal candidate will have experience in volunteer recruitment and management, partnership development, sales, promotions, community relations, or engagement. He or she will be a natural networker who is able to navigate corporate environments to build and maintain strong partnerships. The MCCE will be motivated and energized by ambitious goals and must have strong project management skills, superb presentation skills, and a focus on details, customer service, follow through, and results.
• Contribute to executing on iMentor NYC’s overall volunteer recruitment strategy with the goal of recruiting 1500 volunteer mentors for the 2019-20 program year
• Execute new partnership development strategy with the goal of recruiting 25% of new mentors in 2019 to support NYC’s program
• Leveraging Salesforce monitor recruitment numbers and utilize learnings in planning future recruitment goals and aligning current strategies to track towards monthly goals
• Research, identify and pursue high potential recruitment opportunities, which include facilitating information sessions and other speaking engagements, networking events, and virtual/social media tactics
• Regular follow up with prospective business and community partner organizations, groups, and individuals to ensure strong relationship management and high mentor conversion
• Manage a portfolio of existing recruitment partnerships to drive mentor recruitment and intake; grow partnerships for increased participation; meet ambitious recruitment targets to support organizational growth
• Collaborate with the NYC Development team to support in cultivation of recruitment/ development partnership opportunities
• Develop and execute strategic recruitment campaigns, including strategic partnership cultivation for key recruitment needs and diversifying mentor community
• Maintain accurate reports, campaigns, and data tracking in Salesforce to manage and report on partnership strategy and progress to goals
• In partnership with the NYC Volunteer Engagement team, support Mentor Community campaigns and events, such as networking, ongoing training, and mentor appreciation
• Support iMentor organization-wide initiatives, including facilitating mentor orientations and supporting school pair events, requiring occasional evening and/or weekend events
• Three (3) or more years of experience in volunteer recruitment, sales/promotion, volunteer engagement and/or partnership cultivation and management
• Demonstrated success public speaking/facilitation, writing and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and excite a wide variety of audiences
• Customer service orientation
• Skilled networker who has the natural ability to build bridges with a wide variety of people, connect people with causes, and engage them to take action
• Entrepreneurial, resourceful, persuasive, and persistent
• Ability to work independently and within a large team
• Proven organization and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast-paced, goal-oriented setting with excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrated alignment with iMentor's mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education, beliefs, and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity across the iMentor community.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Our organization works in partnership with district public schools across the country. In doing so we must meet all compliance requirements of those districts.
Compensation & Benefits
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
• 18 days paid annual vacation and 13 paid holidays, and most iMentor functions closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• 401K match up to 4%
• Significant opportunities for professional development and growth
How to Apply
Visit www.imentor.org/jobs to submit a resume and detailed cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Sorry, due to the high-volume of applicants for this and other positions here at iMentor, no phone, email, mail, or fax inquiries will receive a response.
iMentor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Event Planning Education $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in New York City
- Human Resources / Recruiting Education $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in New York City
- Marketing / Communications Education $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in New York City
- Sales / Telemarketing Education $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in New York City
- Volunteer Services Education $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in New York City