Public Relations Internship
Spring 2019 Internship – Marketing and Development Office at the Piedmont Park Conservancy
Public Relations Intern:
The Piedmont Park Conservancy is now accepting applications for public relations interns! The Conservancy's Marketing and Development team raises awareness about the public-private partnership between our nonprofit and the City of Atlanta. We inform the public about the necessity of this partnership as well as the need for them to get involved, whether that means becoming a member, volunteering, donating or engaging in one of our programs. The Public Relations Interns will aid our team tell the story of the Conservancy, and how we make an impact on Piedmont Park and the surrounding communities. This position reports to the Director of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations.
- Content writing to include blogs, emails, press releases, social media posts, letters and more
- Content collection through photography, videography, and research. Content will relate to Conservancy efforts, announcements or Piedmont Park topics of interest, reviewed by Director.
- Coordination of media pitches, communications and research
- Some coordination of social media calendar
- Approximately fourth of time spent on pr/marketing events
- Event preparation
- In-person solicitation and raising awareness
- Manage face-to-face park activations (booths, talking to people)
- Unpaid internship – 20-25 on-site hours a week, over a minimum of three days. Hours to be determined by university/college requirements.
- Starting the week of May 20 and ending the week of August 9. Exact length to be determined by university/college requirements.
- Six months of paid or unpaid relevant experience; can be through volunteer efforts
- Must be a currently enrolled junior, senior, graduate student, or no more than one year past graduation
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be able to pass an e-verification and background check
- Superb writing skills – prefers knowledge of AP style writing
- Attention to detail
- Creative mind and spirit
- Good eye and skill for novice photography or videography
- Comfort with talking and soliciting strangers
- Submit a 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) two writing samples to Amy Han Dietrich, Director of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations via email: firstname.lastname@example.org