AmeriCorps VISTA Community Engagement Coordinator
- Experience Level
SUMMARY: Youth Initiative of Adams County (ACYI), a fast-paced, dynamic local nonprofit that works to MOBILIZE and support a Partnership of stakeholders, who have agreed to work together to increase the success of children and youth and eliminate disparities from Cradle through Career, is hiring an AmeriCorps VISTA Community Engagement Coordinator. The Community Engagement Coordinator will support all community engagement efforts for the ACYI Partnership, including but not limited to, the Adams County Student Survey (ACSS) and Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors ( TEGA). ACYI is an equal opportunity employer.
STATUS: Full-Time, 1 FTE / 40 Hours, Non-Exempt - This is an AmeriCorps VISTA position. FLEXIBLE START DATE.
REPORTS TO: Community Engagement Director
WORK LOCATION: ACYI’s Satellite Office at Community Reach Center at 1870 W 122nd Ave, Westminster, CO with some travel to our home office at Adams 12 Five Star Schools, as well as throughout the Adams County community, the Denver Metro area and occasionally to trainings within the US.
This position will increase the capacity of ACYI to provide effective capability building support to the ACYI Partnership and ACYI Backbone staff and support effective communications on behalf of ACYI. Job duties include, but are not limited to...
- Work with the Community Engagement Director to audit and assess the attitudes, perceptions of, and uses of the ACSS by the ACYI Partnership in order to determine areas for opportunity and improvement in the development, administration, and use of ACSS data.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure to support the steering committee, administration of, communication around, and use of data from the ACSS for the ACYI Partnership.
- Provide support for ACSS steering committee meetings and communications
- Create communication structure for committee to utilize throughout the school year, and manage communications with the ACSS Steering Committee throughout the year in order to ensure the group is engaged at crucial points in the ACSS process
- Create structure and manage process to garner feedback from Partners engaged in the ACSS process
- Support equity lens in all efforts
- Willing and able to represent ACYI at community and national functions
- Other duties as assigned
- Assess processes used by the team to coordinate and conduct TEGA interviews and communicate with Partners and support in their implementation
- Evaluate communication processes and indicate areas for improvement between ACYI backbone staff and Partners
- Ensure respondent data is being properly collected and entered into the appropriate database
- Develop infrastructure for fieldwork logistics for designated waves of TEGA research
- Develop infrastructure for logistics specific to fee for service TEGA research
- Provide support in developing collateral
- Support the communication of key data throughout the Partnership
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to Work Well with Large and Diverse Teams
- Knowledge and Demonstrated Success in Project Management and Organizational Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Passion for and Commitment to Working with Racially Diverse Communities
- Passion for and Commitment to Youth Engagement
- Strong Communication and Writing Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge and Demonstrated Success in Training and Capability Building
- Knowledge and Demonstrated Success in Supporting Community Relationships
- Experience in Continuous Improvement and Results Count Facilitation or Willingness to Learn
- Bilingual or Multilingual
- Working in an Ever-Changing, Complex Environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
AmeriCorps VISTA members focus on building sustainable programs. They strengthen and support organizations by building infrastructure, expanding community partnerships, and securing long-term resources rather than through the provision of direct services.
- In exchange for 12 months of service, AmeriCorps VISTA members will be eligible to receive-- A living stipend of $15,994 (pre-tax) dispersed over the 12 month service term*
- Loan forbearance or deferment during the 12 month service term for qualified student loans*
- Upon completion of service, VISTAs may choose to receive EITHER: 1) an education award of $5,550 to be used to pay back qualified student loans or pay future tuition; OR a $1,500 (pre-tax) end-of-year cash stipend*
- Free healthcare coverage (vision and pre-existing conditions not included; dental coverage is limited to emergencies)
- A child care subsidy
- Vacation time: 10 personal days, 10 sick days, and any holidays off that your service site honors
- Skills development for non-profit or public sector career
- Some subsidized transportation for service-related travel
- A relocation allowance and reimbursement of some shipping costs for VISTAs moving over 50 miles to serve in Adams County, CO
- 1 year of non-competitive eligibility for federal jobs
- So much more!
*Please note that the living stipend, education award, and interest repayment (of interest accrued during loan forbearance) are all considered taxable income.
**Also note that VISTA members CANNOT hold secondary jobs or make additional income during a VISTA service term.
For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development Volunteer jobs in Thornton
- Program / Project Management Youth Development Volunteer jobs in Thornton
- Research Youth Development Volunteer jobs in Thornton
- Technology / Data Management Youth Development Volunteer jobs in Thornton
- Volunteer Services Youth Development Volunteer jobs in Thornton