Director of Finance - Grady Health Foundation
- Experience Level
Serving as an integral member of the management team, the Director of Finance is responsible for the oversight of financial management strategies and contributes to the development and execution of approved strategic goals. Specifically, this role oversees the foundation's fiduciary obligations and coordinates functional activities within finance/audit, budgeting, grants management and reporting. The Director of Finance is a key resource in aligning goals and action plans in support of strategic decision-making and maximization of the foundation's resources. This role leads efforts to improve internal finance processes and programs with an emphasis on quality and compliance in support of the mission of Grady Health System.
Reports to: President
- Ensures the existence and maintenance of appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures; oversees documentation and communication of such policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and produces 1099, W9 and the IRS990 forms annually.
- Assists as needed in the preparation of donor reports.
- Coordinates the reconciliation of monthly financial activities, quarterly and year-end reporting with staff accountant; ensures compliance with all internal financial control requirements, and those of the Grady Health System.
- Develops meeting materials for committees of the Boards of the Grady Health Foundation and Grady Memorial Hospital Corporation, with direction from the President.
- Processes disbursements to the Grady Health System according to gift agreements.
- Leads the annual audit process for the foundation.
- Oversees and leads the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with management; administers and reviews all financial plans and budgets; monitors progress and changes; keeps senior leadership team abreast of the organization's financial status.
- Implements and maintains a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensures that billing and collections schedules are adhered to.
- Maintains awareness of nonprofit regulations and tax laws and informs management and the board of directors of any impact on the foundation so that policies/practices can be changed as necessary.
- Maintains banking responsibilities related to on-line wire transfers, online payments/deposits, bank documentation and signature authority.
- May perform other duties as assigned by the president.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior experience as a CFO or Controller required, with foundation management experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Knowledge of financial operations in a healthcare setting preferred
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent computer and technology skills required, with preference for experience using Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge software.