Community Advocacy Manager
- Experience Level
CPEHN is looking for a full-time Community Advocacy Manager based in CPEHN’s Oakland office. The Community Advocacy Manager is responsible for developing and implementing outreach, advocacy, and mobilization strategies to support CPEHN’s policy agenda. The manager will also be responsible for overseeing two statewide collaboratives with CPEHN’s partners, the Having Our Say coalition and the California Oral Health Network. The manager works with CPEHN staff to build, strengthen and maintain community advocacy partnerships and develop and implement policy and advocacy projects in the areas of oral health, prevention and social determinants of health, and access to health care.
- Manages two of CPEHN’s statewide collaboratives, Having Our Say and the California Oral Health Network by recruiting members, planning and facilitating convenings, meetings and trainings, developing materials, and providing technical assistance and research on policies.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with CPEHN’s partners and allies throughout the state, with a focus on the Bay Area and Central Valley, through participation in events and meetings in these regions. Partners and allies includes community based organizations, funders, researchers, providers, and state based advocacy organizations.
- Coordinates CPEHN’s events and engagement activities, including press conferences, roundtable discussions, and other coalition meetings to create multicultural dialogue on health equity. Assist with organizational CPEHN events including CPEHN’s biennial conference.
- Works with community partners to develop policy and communications strategies and activities to further advocacy with local and state policymakers and support community engagement.
- Conducts research and develops materials, including letters, presentations, and fact sheets, on county, state, and federal proposals to develop community-driven strategies and inform CPEHN’s policy priorities.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with community partners and coalitions through organizing or mobilization efforts, especially within communities of color.
- Experience in policy analysis and advocacy related to multicultural health care and public health, and social determinants of health or health equity.
- Excellent oral communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong written skills including experience developing training and/or meeting materials.
- Organized, self-starter who can apply initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and with supervisor in a remote office.
- Preferably based in Northern California, and willingness to travel regularly (50%) throughout Northern California, the Central Valley and statewide.
- Access to personal vehicle and proof of insurance required.
- Comfortable working in a small office environment where hard work, a sense of humor, and flexibility are highly valued.
- Experience working on issues related to oral health or mental/behavioral health.
- Familiarity with the Central Valley and Bay Area
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
$55,000 – $65,000 (DOE). Excellent benefits (100% employer paid health and dental insurance, retirement plan contributions, sabbatical leave, and more).
Submit your application in ONE WORD or PDF document including a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (no longer than 5 pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Community Advocacy Manager application. Position open until filled.
CPEHN is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. Bilingual individuals are encouraged to apply.