VP Benetech Labs, Data Platforms
- Experience Level
VP Benetech Labs, Data Platforms
Are you an entrepreneurial software leader that is passionate about making a big impact through data-driven solutions? Are you ready to engage all of your skills leading innovative product initiatives that promote sustainable social impact? We want you on our team!
Benetech is seeking an experienced and impact-focused VP of Data Platforms. The right individual will lead the identification, development, deployment and scaling of a portfolio of software for social good products to create significant, lasting social impact in fields such as health and human services, human rights, and disability rights.
This VP’s leadership will inspire and drive internal team members and external partners alike, to build and scale software that will change lives and achieve Benetech’s vision of inclusion, access to information, justice, and opportunity for all. This is a unique opportunity for a proven software leader to drive cause-related success at the intersection of technology and social impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the work of Benetech on data-focused product initiatives, from strategic planning through prototyping, launch, and scaling, to ensure that mission objectives are met. Current solutions include a platform that makes it easier to find the human services people need to live and prosper; machine learning tools that help civil society organizations pursue justice and accountability; and software that helps collect and analyze information about the experiences and rights of people with disabilities and other marginalized communities.
- Manage and mentor a team of outward-facing program and product personnel and internal technical resources to ensure high quality, innovative and effective product development, as well as engaged partner and user communities.
- Define and manage a product portfolio strategy for current and new data platforms, including defining business models and opportunities for sustainability, measurement, and evaluation.
- Drive and support fund raising, including donor outreach and stewardship, and be a spokesperson among donors, media, and field groups.
- Ensure that all activities comply with Benetech’s mission, vision, goals and contract objectives, and are consistent with the Benetech Truths, the core cultural values that guide decision-making.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Being able to speak the languages of both social impact and software: an essential bilingual requirement (whatever your first language between these might be)
- A record of significant accomplishment developing and executing on a visionary tech product or service from inception to scale, especially in a startup or similar entrepreneurial environment. At least 10 years of progressive management experience with five in a senior product or business development role, managing a diverse portfolio
- Experience and facility with software planning, application, and continuous innovation, especially in the fields of machine learning, data analytics, accessibility, digital security, technology standards and/or open source development
- Proven experience in project budgeting, sales/business development, partnership and funding development,
- Significant experience or demonstrated interest in the nonprofit sector as a manager, volunteer and/or board member and a personal commitment to Benetech’s nonprofit goal of technology serving humanity and empowering communities with software for social good.
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Excellent judgment, strategic thinker, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Science / Technology $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Palo Alto
- Executive / Senior Management Science / Technology $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Palo Alto
- Program / Project Management Science / Technology $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Palo Alto
- Technology / Data Management Science / Technology $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Palo Alto