National Manager of Chapter Development & Walks
- Experience Level
We are currently seeking an experienced National Manager of Chapter Development and Walks to join our team. This work-from-home position will be based in Atlanta, GA or Nashville, TN.
Who We Are:
The Spina Bifida Association (SBA) is the nation’s only national voluntary health organization that focuses on enhancing the lives of those affected by Spina Bifida and preventing the birth defect in future generations. Spina Bifida occurs during fetal development, resulting in a gap or lesion on the spinal column.
Although the gap can be closed or lesion removed, Spina Bifida is a lifelong condition that can result in mobility, neurological, bowel & bladder, and learning challenges. It’s the most commonly occurring, permanently disabling birth defect compatible with life. To learn more about us, please visit us at www.spinabifidaassociation.org
About the Role:
The Manager of Chapter Development and Walks is responsible for providing leadership within assigned Chapter or program regions and management in the development and execution of plans and activities which result in a successful fundraising campaign, the “Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida” in designated states. Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida is a family-friendly event held to raise awareness about Spina Bifida and celebrate the accomplishments of the over 177,000 Americans living with the challenges it brings.
The Chapter Development Walk Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with constituents, volunteers, and supporters, as well as raising money to support the mission of SBA by managing and executing existing new and existing programs, including new Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida events for the Spina Bifida Association. The Chapter Development and Walk Manager reports to the National Director of Chapter Development and Walks.
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Responsibilities of The Walk Manager for Corporately-Owned Events:
- Plan and implement existing and new Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida events in designated Metropolitan areas.
- Coordinate every aspect of new event implementation including site selection, budget management, logistics, volunteer recruitment, sponsorship, necessary permits and permissions according to municipality.
- Travel to new Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida locations as necessary for site selection, recruitment, cultivation, and day-of-event coordination.
- Work with Marketing team and National Walk Director to create and manage online fundraising websites and marketing plan for each new and existing Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida event in assigned areas.
- Develop, implement, and manage walk event timeline and participation, sponsorship, and fundraising benchmarks.
- Employ National Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida materials, guidelines, event model, event production, assessment tools, and online fundraising platform.
- Partner with the National Walk Director and Director of Development to research, identify, and solicit national walk sponsorships.
- Assist in identification of volunteer leadership positions with high-caliber, qualified individuals for Walk-N-Roll events in assigned areas.
Responsibilities of The Walk Manager in Working with SBA Chapters:
- Build robust volunteer base and provide strategic direction and support for Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida event committees in assigned areas to ensure Walk revenues grow annually to support Chapter goals and SBA’s overall mission.
- Develop effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and individuals in each Chapter service area to implement and grow participation and revenues for Walk-N-Roll events and other Chapter activities.
- Develop community networks and identify & train local volunteers to serve as champions for our mission.
- Establish relationships with and engage potential partner and sponsor groups.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with staff, special committees, and partners by traveling to event locations or throughout Chapter regions when necessary.
- Achieve revenue goals for scheduled Walk-N-Roll events and other fundraising events in assigned SBA Chapters.
- Establish and implement planning timelines, revenue goals, expense budgets, and participant recruitment strategies.
- Execute, in partnership with volunteers, scheduled Walk-N-Roll programs and other special events, specifically managing Walk-N-Roll team recruitment and retention, as well as committee recruitment and retention.
- Manage day-of event logistics for each assigned Walk-N-Roll as well as year-long process of Walk-N-Roll administration, including but not limited to day-of logistics, data entry, acknowledgments and materials management.
- Manage and provide administrative support to volunteer committees.
- Implement plans for community outreach to benefit SBA Chapters in assigned regions.
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of event management and fundraising experience; walk experience preferred
- Significant fundraising success required
- Significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer management/development
- Prior use or interest in learning Salesforce and Donor Drive platforms
- Customer-service focused
- Located in Tennessee or Georgia preferred
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent computer skills
- Self-starter who is resourceful
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and is comfortable working remotely
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and businesses
- Flexible and adaptable
- Articulate in person and on the phone
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel for staff meetings and special events
- Flexibility to work some evenings and at least five weekends annually
- Excited to be part of a hard-working team that hold themselves and each other accountable
- Happy to work with others on the team accomplish organization-wide goals
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Good sense of humor
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Healthcare $60,000 - $69,999 Telecommute jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Healthcare $60,000 - $69,999 Telecommute jobs in Atlanta
- Health / Medical Healthcare $60,000 - $69,999 Telecommute jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Healthcare $60,000 - $69,999 Telecommute jobs in Atlanta
- Volunteer Services Healthcare $60,000 - $69,999 Telecommute jobs in Atlanta