Assistant, Shareholder Engagement, Investor Network
- Position Type
- Full Time
Assistant, Shareholder Engagement, Investor Network
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Assistant for Shareholder Engagement on the Investor Network plays a key role in our work with investors on climate change and supports both the Manager and Director of Shareholder Engagement. This position will focus on coordinating and supporting investors who are seeking to improve corporate practices on climate change, renewable energy and environmental governance through engagements with the companies they own. Many of the investors are part of the Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability, a group of more than 163 leading institutional investors with collective assets under management of over $25.4 trillion. This is a full-time staff position that will report to the Manager of Shareholder Engagement.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and help facilitate multiple in-person and telephonic group meetings and briefings of investors throughout the year, and assist with meeting follow-up;
- Support the Manager and Director administratively by tracking shareholder proposal filings and votes, collecting success stories, tracking corporate commitments and associated outcomes, event planning, scheduling calls and meetings and preparing minutes for meetings and conference calls, and taking notes;
- With guidance from the Manager, coordinate, advise and support investors who engage companies on issues related to climate change;
- Conduct research on the business impacts of climate change; clean energy opportunities, and the public policy context;
- Under the direction of the Manager, draft memos, letters, blogs and other materials making the business case for investor and corporate leadership on climate change and related topics;
- Work with the Ceres Communications Team to draft content for the Ceres Investor Network Portal, newsletter, press releases, reports and other publications;
- As requested by the Manager or Director, support the Foundations Team with content on proposals, progress reports, and funder outreach;
- Maintain and update project management tools and timelines;
- Coordinate and support special projects and reports, as necessary.
- Associate degree with 3 years of relevant work experience or Bachelor degree with minimum of one year of relevant work experience. In absence of either associate or bachelor degree, at least 5 years relevant office, research, and writing work experience required.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills. Experience as an assistant to a senior executive, a plus.
- 1 year of work experience, preferably direct experience working in investment or nonprofit sectors on sustainability-related issues.
- Knowledge or experience with climate change, energy or sustainability issues.
- Understanding of the role of business, the financial sector / investment community.
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, superior leadership ability, strong initiative and motivation.
- Successful record of organizing and executing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Strong meeting facilitation and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, Google Docs, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific applications necessary for work: ReadyTalk, Salesforce, project management programs, etc.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website (www.ceres.org) to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying. Applicants should submit a resume, a cover letter, two writing samples, a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Boston
- Advocacy / Lobbying Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Boston
- Conservation Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Boston
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Boston