- Experience Level
National Network for Immigrant & Refugee Rights
The National Network for Immigrant Rights (NNIRR) is seeking a National Coordinator to work in collaboration with members, allies and organizational partners on advocacy, communications and institutional development. This is an exciting opportunity to play an active role in the immigrant rights movement in the U.S. and to participate in international migrant rights advocacy. This is a part-time consultant position with potential to expand to a full-time, salaried position.
For more than 30 years the NNIRR has promoted and organized to advance the human rights of migrants within the U.S. immigrant rights community, and with global partners in the migrant rights arena. We emphasize the intersections of migration with other social and economic issues, working across key sectors, particularly in faith, labor, environmental, anti-racist, and women’s movements, and bridging local, national and international levels – as reflected among our diverse organizational and individual members.
NNIRR has been a voice for fair, humane and just immigration policy, and a champion for human rights and global migrant justice. The Board of Directors seeks to hire a National Coordinator to ensure NNIRR’s engagement and responsibilities in the current era of national and international focus on migration and migrants’ rights.
The National Coordinator will facilitate NNIRR's internal structure and external programs, working closely with the Board of Directors, program working groups, interns, and other project consultants, to strengthen and continue the Network's capacity for immigrant, refugee and global migrant rights advocacy.
- Monitor and provide updates and analysis of the “state of play” of U.S. immigrant rights policies and international migrant rights developments.
- Work with Board to guide the Network’s program development and planning processes.
- Represent NNIRR within domestic and international coalitions and partnerships.
Program Development and Administration
- Maintain and support the Board of Directors and its committees as needed.
- Oversee internal and external communications, including social media presence.
- Oversee financial management and administration in compliance with the Network's 501c3 non-profit status.
- Work with interns and volunteers to coordinate program and communications projects.
- Supervise project consultants as needed.
Fundraise and Build Capacity
Work with Board’s Fundraising Committee to:
- Update and implement an annual fundraising plan, including regular evaluations.
- Lead and oversee the Network's grant writing, reporting responsibilities and grassroots fundraising.
- Strong commitment to engagement in the migrant rights arena
- Familiarity with immigration policy and experience within immigrant rights advocacy
- Minimum 3 years of advocacy and/or organizing experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Minimum 3 years experience with foundation grant writing and grassroots fundraising
- Command of social media platforms
- Experience with financial management and database programs
- Fluent in a language in addition to English
- Knowledge of international human rights
- Familiarity with the philanthropic community
Send a cover letter detailing interest and qualifications, a resume, list of 3 references and writing sample to: email@example.com
Application deadline: May 1, 2019
About the National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
The National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights was established in 1986, bringing together grassroots community, religious, labor, civil rights and legal organizations to build a social movement in support of the rights of immigrants and refugees. These activists and organizations, led by diverse, immigrant community-based leaders and institutions, had coalesced in opposition to proposed restrictive immigration policies and practices. Over time, NNIRR transformed from a loose network to an alliance with organizational and activist membership from across the country. NNIRR continues to bridge local communities, state and national initiatives, allies and international partners.
NNIRR functions as a center for human rights advocacy and education on immigration and for immigrant rights. We have employed multiple strategies: providing a strategic space for networking, analysis and planning; mobilizing at the local, national and international levels; building capacity and empowerment of diverse immigrant communities; alliance-building with key sectors; promoting popular education methodology and tools; popularizing and training for grassroots-based documentation and advocacy; providing information and analysis; popularizing an intersectional understanding of migration and its relationship to other social and economic issues; bringing racial and economic justice perspectives to the framing of immigration issues.
Visit NNIRR’s website at www.nnirr.org
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NNIRR/
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance International / Foreign Affairs Contract / Freelance jobs in Oakland
- Advocacy / Lobbying International / Foreign Affairs Contract / Freelance jobs in Oakland
- Development / Fundraising International / Foreign Affairs Contract / Freelance jobs in Oakland
- Executive / Senior Management International / Foreign Affairs Contract / Freelance jobs in Oakland
- Program / Project Management International / Foreign Affairs Contract / Freelance jobs in Oakland