Head of Fundraising (Maternity Cover) for Save the Elephants in Kenya
- Experience Level
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, self-motivated individual to manage our existing fundraising activities and donor relationships. This is an 18-month contract, based in Kenya, to provide maternity cover for the Head of Fundraising. If you are interested in helping Save the Elephants work to forge a future for Africa’s elephants and have fundraising experience with a proven track record, we would love to hear from you.
Highly organised and an excellent communicator, you would oversee all communications with donors and manage the organisation’s growing database of international supporters. You’ll need to be motivated and professional, with a desire to work in a collaborative, diverse and team-oriented culture. You'll be innovative and open-minded, sometimes with short deadlines while staying calm and personable in a dynamic environment.
Overview of Position
Save the Elephants is a small but impactful research and conservation organisation based in Kenya. As an organisation STE aims to be agile, effective and evidence-based, achieving wide-scale results through collaboration.
The Head of Fundraising is responsible for managing all income-generating activities that support Save the Elephants (STE) in delivering its mission to secure a future for elephants. STE’s income is primarily from individual donors and their foundations based in the USA, and the Head of Fundraising has overall responsibility for managing the wide network of relationships that enable the organisation’s work, designing fundraising campaigns, and planning bi-annual fundraising trips.
- Manage a portfolio of fundraising activities designed to maintain existing support and recruit new donors, developing meaningful, long-term relationships between them and the organisation in order to achieve or exceed annual income targets
- Write funding applications to charitable trusts and foundations, and donor reports
- Plan and coordinate fundraising campaigns, tours and donor events, internationally, online and within Kenya
- Manage data on donations via the organisation’s CRM database (Salesforce), complying with UK Data Protection legislation and standards relating to fundraising
- Develop new fundraising ideas and opportunities for income generation
- Maintain good working knowledge of principle issues in elephant conservation and the organisation’s programmes in order to be able to represent them
Qualifications, skills & experience
- A fundamental understanding of donors and the ability and desire to steward complex relationships.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of fundraising in the charity sector
- An undergraduate degree
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid experience with a Customer Relationship Management software package such as Salesforce
- Highly organized, motivated and professional
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate in and enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented culture. Willingness to work at all levels
- Ability to multitask, and to remain calm and deliberate under conditions of pressure
- Strong networking and people management skills
- Flexibility to travel
If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com with your CV and covering letter.