Case Manager - Rapid Re-housing
- Experience Level
Action Ministries, Inc.
Job Purpose: To support the needs of AMI’s Rapid Re-Housing clients. This position works with the Director of Housing Services to provide case management services, assistance with rental and housing stability and linkages to supportive services that result in long-term success thus ending homelessness for families.
Salary Level: $35,000
Task % of Time
Provide high quality case management for families who are homeless to include assessments, goal setting and the Individual Service Plan (ISP) development, services and resource linkage and ongoing counseling and monitoring. - 60%
Track case management activities and client outcomes to ensure client success in meeting the established documented goals in the ISP. Working with clients to recalibrate ISPs as necessary. - 20%
Prepare and maintain case management records, documentation, and up-to-date files of clients; provide statistical information for reports. -10%
Foster inter-agency collaborative solutions to ensure clients’ needs are met in a comprehensive manner. -10%
Position Title: Case Manager –Rapid Re-housing
Program Locations Defined: Floyd, Whitfield, Fannin, Pickens, Bartow, Polk, Paulding, Gordon Counties
Reports to: Director of Housing Services
Position Mission: To support the needs of AMI’s Rapid Re-Housing homeless families. This position works with the Director of Housing Services to provide case management services, assistance with rental and housing stability and linkages to supportive services that result in long-term success thus ending homelessness for families assigned to the caseload.
Evaluator: AVP of Housing
Action Ministries Mission: Action Ministries mobilizes communities to address the challenges of poverty by focusing on hunger relief, housing and education.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to ongoing quality improvement of the Action Ministries Housing Program.
- Provide high quality case management for homeless individuals and families to include assessments, goal setting, Individual Service Plan (ISP) development, services and resource linkage and ongoing coaching, counseling and monitoring.
- Conduct counseling sessions with clients pertaining to housing needs, options, and social service referrals.
- Must have the ability to assess and evaluate client needs in education and workforce development and match those needs to available local resources. Assist participants with identifying and exploring career goals, through the creation of their Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Function as a central and primary access point for financial assistance provided by the short term rental assistance program. Provide information and referral services relevant to housing for clients living within the assigned service area.
- Work with the Housing Resource Coordinator to secure rental agreements with landlords and assure compliance with HUD requirements. Conduct HQS housing inspections for clients who receive short term rental assistance.
- Develop and implement outreach activities including networking with other community-based organizations, support groups, religious organizations, etc.
- Establish, maintain and update client case records using approved agency forms and procedures.
- Prepare monthly reports in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all client confidentiality requirements and standards.
- Develop and maintain relationships with representatives in other agencies to support individuals attaining services such as additional mental health care, psychiatric medication, medical resources, financial assistance, legal advocacy, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Attributes, & Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited school.
- Experience working with persons with disabilities, mental health and homeless population(s) preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong and timely documentation
- Strong team/consensus building skills.
- Ability to effectively work with individuals in crisis.
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, and ability to drive within a multi-county service area
- Ability to use holistic, client-centered approach.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict and cope with crisis situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc).
- Proficiency using HMIS systems (i.e. Pathways, etc.)
Action Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.