1 day left
- Experience Level
The Prospect Researcher is responsible for the on-going day to day fundraising research operations. The Prospect Researcher provides comprehensive research on major gift prospects to the Corporate and Foundation Giving Director as well as the Individual Giving Manager. This position is responsible for conducting in-depth research on individuals, corporations and foundations that may be interested in donating to the Dallas Zoo.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct proactive and reactive research to identify new prospects (corporate or individual) and identify and evaluate the prospect’s philanthropic capability.
• Review and select prospects for consideration for various fundraising projects.
• Interpret biographical and complex financial information on individuals, corporations and foundations.
• Develop in-depth profiles on major gift prospects as assigned.
• Perform wealth estimations and assign ratings based on publically available information, including insider holdings, real estate, salary estimates and general demographic assessments.
• Keep abreast of donors and prospective donors in the news and philanthropic trends; assist in matching prospect interest to fundraising priorities.
• Manage online reference accounts and review newspapers, magazines and other publications for sources of information on donors and prospects.
• Develop and maintain systems and procedures that establish and maintain standards of quality, accuracy and timelines for research.
• Supports the efforts of the greater Advancement team.
• Serves as administrative support as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• B.A., B.S. or equivalent degree required or equivalent work experience.
• Three to five years of prospect research experience, preferably for a non-profit or a combination of relevant education and/or demonstrated work experience.
• Personable presence, poise, tact and diplomacy with the desire to engage in personal contact with the external community, including board member volunteers, donor prospects, and members.
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
• Outstanding commitment to customer service.
• Strong attention to detail with an outstanding ability to multi-task
• High level of attention to detail, ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy in working with volunteer leadership and donors.
• Creative thinker with a willingness to seek innovative ideas.
• Initiates and has the ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
• Strong team player.
• Strong MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and utilize Tessitura CRM software.
• Organized, energetic, flexible, detail-oriented and computer proficient.
• Commitment to the mission and values of the Dallas Zoo.
• Regularly works irregular hours, including weekends and evenings.
• Routinely runs errands off-site; must have access to reliable transportation.
• Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work. This may involve some lifting, carrying, moving, pushing, and/or pulling of objects/materials of light weight (15-25 pounds). Some climbing on ladders or over obstacles may be required. Tasks may also involve significant periods of standing or walking outside during events and photo shoots, as well as during event set-up or break-down times.
• Tasks may also involve significant periods of standing or walking outside during events themselves, as well as during event set-up and break-down times.
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license (to operate Zoo vehicles) with reliable transportation.
• Successful candidates must complete a pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this job and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties to be assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
EOE M/F/D/V. www.dallaszoo.com