Regional Development Director
- Experience Level
Do you live in Atlanta, love building relationships, and want to help solve the global water crisis? Come join the Water Mission team as our Atlanta based Regional Development Director! In this role, you'll have an opportunity to build long-term partnerships with current and prospective major investors, share the exciting things that God is doing in our ministry, and help us transform lives around the world by facilitating the ongoing funding of our projects.
Our global headquarters is in Charleston, SC, but we're seeking to grow a remote development team located in strategic cities across the United States, including Atlanta, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Houston, and Southern California.
Every day, you'll get to:
Intentionally Create and Build Relationships
- Personally engage partners through a variety of means such as personal visits, special events, vision trips, and other meaningful touches (with a priority on face-to-face interaction).
Present Opportunities for Partnership
- Invite people into deep and meaningful partnerships through giving opportunities that align their ministry passions with the mission and programs of Water Mission.
Serve and Care for Partners
- Thank partners by providing personal and timely acknowledgements.
- Make partners feel valued by keeping them connected and updated on Water Mission's work.
- Minister to Partners by connecting on a spiritual level; encouraging their walk with the Lord and praying with and for them
- Personal conviction in alignment with Water Mission’s statement of faith and lifestyle, demonstrating core values of love, excellence, and integrity required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s degree and CFRE are beneficial, but not required
- 3+ years’ experience in successfully developing relationships with high capacity individuals
- Experience in raising $1,000,000+ annually through major gifts
- Excellent development and communications skills
- Willingness to travel 50-80 nights annually, including domestically and internationally