- Experience Level
BTG Community Outreach
TITLE: Executive Director
FUNCTION: Chief Executive of the Organization
COMPENSATION RANGE: $60-75k
Organization: BTG Community Outreach (Bridging the Gap)
EFFECTIVE DATE OF POSTING: 02/18/2019
Bridging the Gap is a non-profit faith based Christian organization that distributes food to those in need. Since our launch in September of 2009, BTG has grown into an incredible outreach and resource center to our community.
Ready to raise money, think big, lead and motivate a team to new levels of impact in the community? If so, BTG Community Outreach (BTG) needs you! BTG is seeking an Executive Director who will be a passionate champion of BTG’s culture, values and mission. We need you to:
· Partner with local community/state governmental agencies in the engagement of BTG’s mission.
· Be the chief fundraiser to develop and grow the fiscal and human resources necessary to support BTG’s sustainable future.
· Implement and oversee the accountability of, appropriate resources to ensure that the day to day operations of the organization are met.
· Think outside the box and challenge the status quo.
· Implement a sustainable strategic plan to further the purpose and mission of BTG.
Key Responsibilities: The Executive Director performs some or all the following:
Board Governance: Works with the Board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading BTG in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of BTG, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of BTG by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that BTG can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of BTG’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for effective administration of BTG’s operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff through the use of “Culture Index.’”
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community served by the organization
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, elected officials, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization.
- May also perform other duties not included on this description.
· 5 or more years of progressive management experience.
· Previous experience as a Board Member or Executive Director on non-profit boards (or corporate board) preferred.
· Ability to work in an unstructured environment.
· Faith-based approach to programming/project, people and community relations.
· Initiative, attention to detail, collaboration and delegation skills, follow-up and customer service orientation.
· Ability to interact and communicate (oral and written) with all levels of the organization, such as community leaders and community clients.
* Please answer the following questions in the link here. https://www.cultureindex.com/c/2CC39C