Community Outreach Coordinator
- Position Type
- Part Time
MUST Ministries strives to be a servant leader caring annually for 30,000 neighbors in need in seven counties. Founded in 1971, MUST helps people in need break the cycle of poverty by providing comprehensive needs such as groceries, hot meals, school food pantries, employment services, housing, emergency shelter, programs supporting at-risk children, and clothing. With physical locations in Cobb and Cherokee and programs in other areas, MUST is a non-profit organization that provides services without regard to race or religious beliefs.
30-40 hours per week.
2 positions available. One located in Marietta, GA and the other in Canton, GA
The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Program Director in the planning and execution of all Community Outreach programs. Normal schedule is a maximum of 30 hours per week, except during seasonal program execution when the position requires a maximum of 40 hours per week.
- Train, schedule, and manage seasonal temporary staff members
- Work with Program Director to identify new host sites, confirm existing host sites, and look for new opportunities within the community
- Serve as the Volunteer Coordinator for Community Outreach (responsible for recruiting, training and retaining volunteers)
- Conduct regular checks on host sites to ensure quality standards are being met
- Serve as the first point of contact for all seasonal coordinators
- Partner with the Development team to manage donations from solicitation to distribution
- Manage the client registration process
- Collect and manage donor, volunteer and client data
- Maintain and report on program-related inventory
- Serve as a Seasonal Coordinator for both the Toy Shop and Summer Lunch programs
- Represent MUST Ministries in the most positive and professional manner with volunteers, donors, clients, suppliers, the community we serve, and other MUST employees
- Coordinate non-seasonal programs
- Monitor and manage general email accounts for all Community Outreach programs
- Determine volunteer availability from season-to-season
- Assist Program Director in developing procedures, training, and requirement documents
- Uphold the Mission Statement and Core Values of MUST Ministries
- Handle all information with tact and discretion and recognize the confidential nature of MUST Ministries
- Three years’ experience managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills
- Experience with managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including days, evenings and Saturdays)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for MUST’s mission
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Salesforce a plus
Physical and Work Requirements:
- Requires standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
- May be required to work nights and weekends as needed.
- May be required to lift up 25 lbs.
Requirements listed indicate the minimum levels of skills, knowledge and abilities for the job, with preferred levels indicated. Job requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodations must be discussed with Human Resources.
MUST Ministries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, qualified handicap or status as disabled or Vietnam era veteran or Iraq veteran or Afghanistan veteran. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.