- Position Type
- Full Time
Executive Director Job Description
Smyrna Public Safety Foundation – Smyrna GA
Smyrna Public Safety Foundation is a Non-profit organization that supports and provides valuable resources to the Smyrna Police and Fire Departments. It is the mission of this foundation to encourage and strengthen the partnership between the Community and its Public Safety Personnel.
The Executive Director will provide strategic direction and oversight for the SPSF and be responsible for meeting overall organizational and fundraising goals. The role will require the incumbent to be a high-energy, experienced and mature leader who has demonstrated skills in building strong mutually beneficial relationships among our stakeholders. Including, developing and managing all program activities of the agency in accordance with its stated purpose and within the general policies as formulated by the Board. As a relatively small and quickly growing nonprofit organization, we expect about 75% of your time will be spent on fundraising and about 25% will be managing the business operation of our organizations.
- Three (3) to Five (5) nonprofit management/sales experience
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Board Members to assure a sound annual fundraising plan is established and implemented
- Ability to create and nurture relationships with new and existing funders, as well as write and secure grants to underwrite new and ongoing initiatives and general operations
- Create and maintain C-Level Suite partnerships
- Fully participate in fund development activities, including hosting events, making asks, authoring proposals, identifying funding sources and other tasks required by the plan
- Assure the appropriate management of donor and fundraising documentation
- Assure the appropriate management of funds raised are in accordance with the wishes of the donors
- Assure compliance with the reporting requirements of donors.
- Serve as the organization’s primary spokesperson
Community and Public Relations:
- Assure the organization and its mission, programs and events are consistently presented with a strong positive image
- Build public awareness of the organization and its work
- Provide for information, publicity and marketing designed to increase community understanding of the organization and its goals
- Nurture and develop collaborative relationships between the organization and other agencies and groups concerned within our community.
- Maintain active involvement with community agency’s as well as networking.