- Degree Level
Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) provides health, career and human services to support and enhance the well-being of individuals and families across all ages, faiths, cultures and lifestyles. Its more than 30 programs serve a variety of populations, including children, teens, parents and older adults. JF&CS is now seeking a Database/Research Coordinator.
Purpose: The Database/Research Coordinator oversees the daily operation of the donor database (Raiser’s Edge/”RE”), which tracks contributions, volunteers, donor, grantor and prospect information. The position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the agency’s donor database, including data input and output, prospect research, basic data analytics, and data mining to support donor cultivation, stewardship and solicitation.
- Process, administer, and manage all gift records including data entry in a timely and accurate fashion through daily data input, edits and posting of all daily contributions, tax receipting and donor correspondence.
- Enter and update donor biographical and giving information in RE.
- Complete, in a timely manner, daily gift entry and preparation and processing of donor correspondence including acknowledgment letters, tribute cards, and pledge reminders.
- Design and run unique queries, exports, analytical reports, appeal lists, and electronic mailing lists for development and marketing purposes.
- Create and generate custom reports and dashboards for the department.
- Process financial donations and online transactions for the development team.
- Work with Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge to ensure complete integration.
- Ensure the accuracy of data in donor database
- Work with Chief Marketing and Chief Financial Officer to ensure integration and reconciliation of information in donor database.
- Ensure all data is entered using the Standard Operating Procedure to maintain data integrity
- Using wealth engine software and a variety of electronic and print resources, develop information on donor prospects including information on career, financial capacity, philanthropic interests, and relationship to JF&CS.
- Serve donors and staff by answering questions and concerns related to donating in a timely fashion.
- Enforce policies and procedures to ensure the integrity, security and confidentiality of the donor database
- Coordinate all aspects of the Tribute Funds Program
- Proficiency in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports, developing reports.
- Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of the fund-raising process, and the concept of donor relations as well as some bookkeeping.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Able to understand development needs so as to accurately translate their requests into effective queries and reports.
- Able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Efficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT/Illuminate a plus. Proficiency in MS Word, and Excel required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience managing development databases