Advancement Officer---for a new national public health foundation.
- Experience Level
CSTEF Advancement Officer
Job Description (Part Time)
Position Summary: The CSTEF Advancement Officer (AO) is responsible for activities related to identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual, major, and planned gifts from CSTE members, fellowship and scholarship alumni, friends, corporations and foundations.
Positions Purpose: The CSTEF Advancement Officer provides overall leadership, management and coordination of the CSTEF fund raising and alumni relations programs. This fundraiser/administrator will support the CSTEF workforce initiative increasing the CSTEF assets for the CSTEF 2019 priorities of major expansion of the existing Applied Epidemiology Fellowship Program and the new Jeff Davis Scholarship Fund. This effort will involve both short term and immediate fundraising activities and the creation and implementation of a more comprehensive development plan. The CSTEF Advancement Officer reports to the CSTEF Executive Director with consultation and support from the CSTEF President and the CSTE Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as primary development liaison for CSTEF and CSTE.
- Prepare and maintain case statements and marketing materials for print and electronic communication for 2019 CSTEF workforce priorities.
- Identify and cultivate new sources of funding including private, public and corporate/foundations sources.
- Participate in development activities including individual meetings with donors, prospects and donor groups in the public health arena.
- Build a portfolio of principal and major gift prospects and coordinate solicitation strategies with CSTEF and CSTE Executive Directors.
- Assure that best practices are in place and that relevant and innovative fundraising messages are developed for diverse demographic and geographic supporters.
- Market and contribute to the development of strategies and materials for greater Foundation visibility including creation of and making presentations.
- Evaluate foundation needs/opportunities both internally and externally. Research, facilitate and design viable solutions to meet those needs.
- Develop a strategic plan for fund development, CSTE member and various CSTE alumni and retired members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly experienced professional with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to be diplomatic and understand the management of internal politics, and consensus building between supporting and supported complex organizations.
- Effective written, listening and oral communications skills.
- Experience with systems, processes and work alliances in complex, collaborative organizations.
- Knowledge of principles of foundation advancement, development and philanthropy.
- Experience and knowledge of techniques of donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Expertise with forms of private resource development including annual, capital, planned giving and events.
- Excellent process management skills, financial operations experience and computer proficiency with development software and Microsoft Office products.
- BA or Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Experience with all forms of private resource development: annual, capital, planned giving and events fund raising in non-Profit 501 (c) 3 organization.
- Experience with membership and alumni relations and volunteer development
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
- CFRE Certifications
- Negotiable. This is a newly formed Foundation seeking an experienced AO to focus on the first 4 duties and responsibilities listed above. Following the launch of the CSTEF, expansion of duties and responsibilities will be renegotiated together with compensation.