Room Rental Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
San Francisco Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Community Center
JOB TITLE: Room Rental Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
COMPENSATION: $24.50/hour; paid medical insurance, vacation time, health days & holidays
SCHEDULE: Tuesday – Saturday, 12pm-8pm
Summary: The Room Rental Coordinator works under the direction of the Facilities Manager to coordinate all venue requirements for onsite events including liaison w/ event holders, booking/reservations, set up and management of room and equipment rental, event clean- up, and follow-up invoicing. The Room Rental Coordinator may also participate in other facilities related tasks to ensure the effectiveness of the facilities team and to support a safe, clean, community-oriented, and cost-effective Community Center. This person will interface with a variety of non-profit organizations and individuals in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
- Act as liaison to event holders and community groups, including being initial contact for all bookings; logistics; set-up, equipment & security issues; set up & maintenance of rooms; services & equipment for short term and event rentals.
- Act as primary contact for event holders throughout event planning, implementation and wrap-up.
- Support safety functions including opening & closing procedures for the building; identification of safety/security issues and notification of appropriate staff and/or authorities according to established safety & security procedures; identify & implement solutions to immediate safety and/or building related problems.
- During evenings, week-ends, or when the Facilities Manager is off-site, responsible for trouble- shooting security, maintenance and/or repair issues, following established policies & procedures related to building operations, safety and security. Responsible for documenting and promptly reporting any security or operations issues according to established policy.
- Provide back up to other members of the facilities team to ensure safe and effective management of facilities as requested and appropriate (i.e. cleaning surfaces/floors, stocking/cleaning restrooms).
- Assist Facilities Manager and Director of Operations in developing, implementing, and evaluating short- and long-term plans for events/rentals, including marketing strategies, policies for events, guidelines for community use of facilities, and procedures designed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Share after hours on-call responsibility on an emergency basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience/familiarity with the needs of vulnerable LGBTQ communities and ability to work with a broad range of constituents, program participants, and stakeholders representing the full diversity of the LGBTQ and allied communities.
- Commitment to the mission of the SF LGBT Center and a strong commitment to racial, social and economic justice. Experience and commitment to working in a multicultural environment.
- Strong problem-solving, trouble-shooting, conflict resolution and de-escalation skills. Able to remain calm and composed in high-stress situations.
- Ability to work independently and under limited supervision.
- Familiarity with event production, including lighting, sound, staging and other aspects.
- Ability to create and follow written instructions and diagrams.
- Strong customer service/communication skills are essential. Sales experience a plus.
- Basic computer literacy required (word processing and email); experience with event scheduling software (such as Eventpro) strongly desired.
- Ability to work well with community-based organizations and develop/maintain supportive working relationships with those organizations.
- Familiarity with facility operating systems & maintenance, and some basic repair skills.
- Ability to perform tasks on a ladder 10ft. and higher.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and lift objects up to 100 pounds. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
THE SF LGBT CENTER
The mission of the Center is to connect our diverse community to opportunities, resources and each other to achieve our vision of a stronger, healthier, and more equitable world for LGBT people and our allies. The Center’s strategies inspire and strengthen our community by:
• Fostering greater opportunities for people to thrive.
• Organizing for our future.
• Celebrating our history and culture.
• Building resources to create a legacy for future generations
The SF LGBT Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or inter-sex are encouraged to apply. The SF LGBT Center maintains a policy of non-discrimination with respect to employees and applicants for employment. No aspect of employment will be influenced in any matter by race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, physical disability (including HIV or AIDS), medical condition, perceived physical disability or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by statute.
Submit: Cover letter expressing your interest and resume detailing experience/qualifications
SF LGBT Community Center
1800 Market Street
San Francisco CA 94102
Please include: Room Rental Coordinator in subject line
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Deadline: open until filled