Employment Services Associate
- Position Type
- Full Time
San Francisco Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Community Center
JOB TITLE: Employment Services Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Economic Development
STATUS: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt/ Permanent
COMPENSATION: $22.00 Per Hour (Annual Salary is $45,760). Competitive Salary includes paid medical insurance, paid vacation time, personal days, health days, and holidays
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday; flexibility and occasional evening and weekend hours will be required
GENERAL SUMMARY: The TEP Employment Associate is a vital role in supporting the Center’s Trans and LGBTQ Employment programs, though community engagement, outreach, referral navigation, and services. The TEP Associate will work closely with the TEP Specialist to support planning community events, weekly workshops/ groups, community outreach, intakes, and retention. Furthermore, the TEP Associate will support the administrative, reporting, and enrollment activities as needed.
The candidate should exemplify our team values that include:
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and inclusion
- Commitment to serve the most vulnerable (transgender/gender non-conforming people, people of color, people with disabilities, people who are marginally housed or homeless, unemployed and underemployed people, low-income people, etc.)
- Accountability and transparency
- Compassion and humility
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the coordination and facilitation of job search workshops and life skills classes tailored specifically for transgender community members with multiple barriers to employment. Working collaboratively with the TEP Specialist cover a variety of topics including: resume and cover letter writing; completing employment applications; interviewing techniques; networking; effective workplace communication; pre-job fair tips; and others.
- Conduct intakes, assess client services eligibility, identify immediate needs, assessment, provide referrals to TEP Specialist and local community programs.
- Support program outreach and community engagement with our partners. Including supporting the development outreach materials, referral resource materials, and social media outreach. (Experience with Hootsuite is a plus).
- Support administrative needs including client follow-up support, program intakes, updating client folders, evaluations, client notes, accurately documenting client services, and collecting and entering client data.
- Maintain participant case records, program data, and other records updated as needed.
- Support event planning and program outreach efforts including supporting community planning of Trans Day Of Visibility, Trans Day Of Remembrance, and other community events such our #HireTrans campaign and other educational efforts.
- Support community communication – including emails, newsletters, client appointment bookings, and sharing referrals.
- Provide other program support including; attending collaborative meetings, sharing activities of partners, serving as a liaison for all activities related to the TEP program and trans programs in the Bay Area.
- Provide other program support including; attending collaborative meetings, monitoring the activities of partners, serving as a liaison for all activities related to the mentoring program and/or collaborative activities shared within the Employment Services programs.
- Develop and maintain community resources. Schedule and conduct outreach with outside agencies to increase referrals and awareness of the Center’s Employment Services programs including the Center’s Trans Employment Program.
- Work with the Economic Development team to develop and implement program goals, plans, and timelines.
Qualifications & Experience
- Sensitivity and commitment to the transgender community and familiarity with the diversity of transgender, lesbian, gay, and bisexual identities are required. Experience working and supporting the advancement of transgender/GNC communities of color strongly preferred.
- Spanish bilingual skills highly desired. Fluency in English required.
- Detail-oriented, hardworking, self-starter, and able to complete tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Understanding of local SF/Bay Area community resources and willingness to build knowledge of local and state trans rights and employment needs for the transgender / GNC / TPOC communities.
- Fierce commitment to work with a diverse team and collaborate across different work styles, including the ability to work both independently and within a team-oriented organizational structure.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Proficient in MS Office or similar programs. Social media, web marketing, and online scheduling skills a plus.
- Innovative and self-starter approach, including solution-oriented, coaching, and conflict resolution approach. Ability to adapt to changing environment and priorities.
- Commitment to the mission of the San Francisco LGBT Community Center. Experience with and commitment to working in a multicultural environment.
- Requires flexibility in working some evening and/or weekend hours.
THE SF LGBT CENTER
The mission of the Center is to connect our diverse community to opportunities, resources and each other to achieve our vision of a stronger, healthier, and more equitable world for LGBT people and our allies.
The Center’s strategies inspire and strengthen our community by:
• Fostering greater opportunities for people to thrive.
• Organizing for our future.
• Celebrating our history and culture.
• Building resources to create a legacy for future generations.
The SF LGBT Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or inter-sex are encouraged to apply. The SF LGBT Center maintains a policy of non-discrimination with respect to employees and applicants for employment. No aspect of employment will be influenced in any matter by race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, physical disability (including HIV or AIDS), medical condition, perceived physical disability or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by statute.
Submit both resume and cover letter expressing your interest, experience, and qualifications to:
The SF LGBT Community Center
1800 Market Street
San Francisco CA 94102
Or fax to: (415) 865-5501
Please include: Employment Services Associate in subject line
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
DEADLINE: Open until filled