Part-time Foundation Assistant
- Degree Level
DeKalb Library Foundation
Do you have a passion for serving the community, love books and libraries, and need a flexible position? A job working with the DeKalb Library Foundation might be just what you are seeking.
The mission of the DeKalb Library Foundation is to provide support for DeKalb County Public Library beyond public funding and to enrich the lives of DeKalb County citizens through educational, cultural and literary programs and services. The DeKalb Library Foundation raises funds through individual support, grants and events.
The DeKalb Library Foundation seeks a dynamic, motivated individual to serve as the foundation assistant. This candidate would bring fundraising and marketing expertise to support and advance the mission of the DeKalb Library Foundation. This is a part-time, hourly position (up to 25 hours a week) that reports to and works with the Executive Director of the DeKalb Library Foundation.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to execute yearly Foundation plan
- Develop relationships with Library staff, Foundation board members and volunteers
- Research and manage yearly grant application and reporting process
- Write and submit grants and grant reports
- Manage the donor acknowledgement process
- Manage event software and volunteers for yearly Foundation event
- Prepare materials for annual appeals, events, mailings and board meetings
- Assist with marketing efforts such as writing and social media
- Prioritize tasks and engage actively in monitoring progress and meeting goals
- Participate enthusiastically on a team supporting the mission of the DeKalb County Public Library.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Constant attention to details
- Excellent knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Commitment to constant learning
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experience managing online fundraising database such as eTapestry
- Ability to work independently on a performance-based team
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior fundraising experience strongly preferred
To be considered, candidate must submit a resume along with a one-page letter describing why they would like to work for the library system and explaining relevant fundraising and/or marketing experience.