- Experience Level
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
LOCATION: Roswell– Drake House HQ
SUPERVISION: Board of Directors
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
Our Mission: The Drake House provides a lifeline of supportive housing and enrichment programs for homeless mothers and their children in north metro Atlanta.
Our Vision: The Drake House will be an integral part of the community, facilitating financial security and housing stability.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of The Drake House. This position, under the direction of the Board of Directors, has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the organization’s staff, programs, growth, budget, and delivery of the mission. This position will ensure that The Drake House is positioned as a local leader in homeless services and will represent TDH in the community. The Executive Director will champion the strategic plan and build strong relationships with our Board, the nonprofit community, and our partners and donors.
- Ensures that the Board of Directors and all others working and/or volunteering within TDH understand the needs of homeless mothers, the changing nature and environment in which TDH services operate, and the anticipated trends and needs for the future.
- Establish, with the Board of Directors, strategic direction, budgets and goals for the organization for both near and long-term.
- Ensure that the organization’s mission is fulfilled through programs, planning, community outreach, and public visibility.
- Cultivate board member relationships. Develop, maintain, and build board involvement with strategic direction of the organization.
- Align the strengths and industry expertise of individual Board members and attain input, feedback and communication.
- Actively engage the Board in program updates, fundraising, community involvement and organizational successes.
- Serve as liaison to Board Resource Committee
Organizational Leadership and Management
- Provide overall management and accountability in directing The Drake House initiatives to ensure that program and business operations meet established goals and fiscal stability.
- Provide expertise and guidance ensuring that programs maintain the highest quality, fulfill targeted outcomes and undergo rigorous program evaluations.
- Provide leadership to effectively hire, develop, coach and evaluate staff, develop collaborative and high-performing teams, set and achieve goals and
- Provide fiscal responsibility and manage the organization’s budget.
- Ensure mission message is accurate and consistent through all channels and resources.
- Responsible for signing all notes, legal documents, agreements, etc. made and entered into on behalf of the organization
Fundraising, Community Relations and Collaboration
- Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with key donors.
- Actively participate with Director of Development in the cultivation of major gifts, corporate sponsors, and grants.
- Use external presence and expand established relationships to attract new opportunities.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key community and system partners, local political and business leaders, and influential individuals inviting opportunities for collaboration and establishing avenues for feedback and communication.
- Research/analyze future giving channels (planned giving, endowments, corporate foundations)
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- College degree in related field (Business, Nonprofits, Communications, Community Relations, etc.)
- Must display an enthusiastic and contagious passion for The Drake House mission
- Must be service-minded, demonstrate a genuine concern and empathy for the needs of others
- 8+ years’ experience in senior-level nonprofit management position with regular interaction with Board of Directors.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, transparency, and integrity in dealing with residents, volunteers, and community partners
- Demonstrate a high level of problem-solving skill and ability to make sound decisions quickly.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Understanding and experience in preparing, communicating and implementing annual budgets.
- Ability to think and act strategically, setting short- and long-term goals, and motivating staff to achieve those goals.
- Knowledge of effective fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Self-starter with ability to organize, establish priorities, and manage multiple assignments
- Strong public speaker who can effectively move audiences to action
- Must display effective time management skills. Must be able to prioritize and delegate day-to-day operational responsibilities as required.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment and display flexibility and adaptability as priorities shift
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have basic computer proficiencies