Sponsorship & Corporate Relations Officer
- Position Type
- Full Time
TITLE: Sponsorship & Corporate Relations Officer
STATUS: Full-time; Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Philanthropic Operations
The Sponsorship & Corporate Relations Officer serves as part of the development department and reports to the Director of Philanthropic Operations. The Sponsorship & Corporate Relations Officer serves as a frontline fundraiser and is responsible for developing individual, corporate and community support for Promises2Kids program activities and fundraising events, including youth conferences, youth holiday or other events, golf tournament, food and wine event, concert gala, and other signature events. This position supervises the Event Coordinator and provides the training and support that position needs to successfully meet their goals.
- Develop and manage the plan for revenue line items for each program or fundraising event including but not limited to: sponsorships, reservations/tickets, auction items, opportunity drawing, and other revenue producing items of events to ensure all event goals are met.
- Manage annual revenue projections, expense budgets and post-event reconciliation for events.
- Effectively steward individuals and corporations to secure funding to meet annual revenue goals.
- Achieve annual goals by identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual, corporate and community partners for gifts of $30,000 and under.
- Identify potential new sources of support from individuals, community organizations, corporations and foundations. Develop strategies to cultivate and solicit these prospects.
- Work closely with the marketing and program staff to ensure all sponsorship benefits provided to donors.
- Working in conjunction with the Development & Community Engagement Manager, engage new and existing corporations in Promises2Kids work, resulting in event sponsorship and program support.
- Supervise Event Coordinator, providing training, guidance and support to ensure individual and departmental goals are met.
- Develop, manage and ensure assigned strategies, activities, and outcomes of the development department meet established Foundation goals and budget.
- Engage new and existing corporations in Promises2Kids work resulting in volunteer efforts, event sponsorship and program and/or general support.
- Implement the corporate development plan including stewardship events and opportunities.
- Track prospect/donor moves as appropriate in donor database.
- Represent Promises2Kids at events and community activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to project and manage financial budget
- General knowledge of relationship management and nonprofit practices
- Excellent writing and editing skills; including letters to donors, outreach materials, email campaigns, etc.
- Strong organizational, administrative, telephone and communications skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office Suite and Raisers Edge
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a variety of people and represent Promises2Kids in a positive and professional manner to all staff, visitors, donors, and the community
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and to complete and report on assignments
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to work as part of a close-knit team
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to pay attention to detail and also remain oriented to the “big picture” and established goals
- Excellent organizational, management, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to successfully pass the child abuse clearance, fingerprinting, and background check
- Must possess reliable personal transportation and meet insurance requirements