- Experience Level
Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 5, 2019
About OUR Center
Founded in 1986 and designed to unite community resources in support of those in need, Outreach United Resource Center, Inc. (OUR Center) works to create a welcoming, supportive and inclusive place for St Vrain Valley residents to seek an array of services to regain or begin their road to self-sufficiency.
Located in a modern 30,000 square foot facility and an off-site child-development center, OUR Center’s 43-person staff and 1,000+ volunteer force serves over 100,000 hot meals and distributes over 1,000,000 pounds of groceries to nearly 20,000 households annually. OUR Center resource navigators support participants in accessing utility shut-off prevention services, rent vouchers, emergency shelter and self-sufficiency case management services. The OUR Center’s Colorado Level 5-rated Aspen Center for Child Development provides day care and school readiness programs to children and their families in and around the Longmont community.
The OUR Center is a Family Resource Center (FRC). FRCs partner with individuals and the entire family to help them become more self-reliant in key areas that affect family stability including parenting, health, education, employment, housing and financial management. This initiative intends to have a long-term and sustained impact on the enhanced capacity of individuals and parents to provide for themselves and their children’s needs, and for communities to serve people in need.
In light of the retirement of the OUR Center’s highly respected, long-term leader, the board of directors seeks an executive director who is committed to advancing the mission of helping people in the St. Vrain Region move toward self-sufficiency by unifying community resources. This compassionate, skilled and innovative leader will have administrative, programmatic, fiscal, marketing, fundraising and community relations responsibility for the OUR Center.
In conjunction with the Board of Directors, the executive director is responsible for developing the long-term strategic plan and implementing the yearly operational plan, complete with goals and metrics in support of the board’s annual direction. The director is also responsible for ensuring that policies and procedures follow applicable regulations and good business practices.
The director will complete the transition of the OUR Center to an FRC in collaboration with homeless prevention and poverty initiatives including Bridges Out of Poverty, Boulder County Connect (BCC) Software, LENA Partnership with the St. Vrain Valley School District, and the Longmont Housing Opportunity Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1) Governance & Leadership: Works with board to fulfill the organization mission and provides organizational leadership.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
3) Organization Mission, Strategy, and Program: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs and strategic planning.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization (OUR Center) are appropriate.
5. Partnerships and Collaboration: Develops and manages collaborative partnerships in support of the mission.
Skill and Qualification Requirements
The right candidate will be thoroughly committed to the OUR Center’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and management experience. Qualifications and other concrete demonstrable experience include:
- Executive nonprofit management experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) preferred
- Understanding of and experience working in the social services and/or family services field; values the OUR Center’s participant-driven focus
- Solid, hands-on fiscal management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Experience in fundraising; both in plan development and execution
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking, written and oral communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships and leverage the individual skill sets toward a collective vision
- Understanding of and experience working within the changing dynamics of fundraising for nonprofits
- Collaboration / partnership-focused; can demonstrate a track record of building and managing successful partnerships; ability to work in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Understanding of and experience working with nonprofits on topics of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning
- Compassionate leader and colleague
Equal Employment Opportunity: OUR Center follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or any other factor that is not related to the position. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.