Venue Sales and Coordination Specialist
- Experience Level
The Presidio Trust is seeking a cordial and gregarious Venue Sales & Coordination Specialist to join a dynamic team that sells and hosts a variety of events and conferences in the Presidio. The Presidio is a new kind of national park. It is home to the spectacular vistas, nature and programs that visitors would expect in a national park as well as a community of residents and organizations who bring renewed vitality and purpose to this former military post. The Presidio offers awe-inspiring views and historic venues ideal for gatherings, celebrations, ceremonies, meetings and retreats for up to 845 people.
Each day is different at the Presidio venues – one day a conference for 10-280 people, and the next a wine tasting event, gala, wedding, bar mitzvah, trade show or a product launch. Our ideal candidate loves the Presidio, and is highly motivated and sales-oriented, bringing new business to the Presidio venues and helping manage a variety of events. You are accountable for achieving and growing sales forecasts, and juggling logistics with each step in sync with providing the highest level of customer service. You cultivate client partnerships and ensure that all details are communicated and executed for a successful and enjoyable experience for all involved.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a minimum negotiable salary of $54,541/year. Applications received by March 31, 2019 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews the first week of April, the second round of interviews the second week of April, make a job offer before the end of April, and set a work start date in May 2019.
- Sell and coordinate events and meetings for the Hospitality Department. Work with prospective clients to define the scope of the event, show venues, write permits, track event fees, coordinate building-related event logistics, follow up with client upon event completion, and ensure a high level of customer service.
- Create and maintain client/event file, Ungerboeck event software system, and event calendars.
- Serve as the primary contact for permitted events, ensuring a high level of customer service, that fees are collected in a timely manner, and that the accounting documentation process is completed.
- Ensure all rules and regulations identified in the client’s Special Use Permit for each venue (historic, environmental, use and occupancy) are adhered to.
- Attend industry events to market the Presidio’s venues and other park uses.
- Serve as the on-call back-up support for the Special Events Venue Assistants.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience in special events or other trade related business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to close sales leads and up-sell hospitality and park partner locations.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to be flexible and adapt with change.
- Ability to think strategically; multi-task; attend to detail and deadlines; work well under pressure.
- Proficient with accounting principles.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and event management software.
- The work is principally sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with attendance at meetings or in the performance of tasks outside the office. The employee is typically required to carry light items and may drive or be a passenger in a motor vehicle.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to inclement outside weather conditions. The job requires that the employee be present for many activities taking place at odd hours including early morning, late night, and weekends. The job often requires work in excess of the standard 8-hour day, weekend and evening work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
- Experience in coordinating events is desirable.
- Sales experience within the Hospitality field or related industry is desirable.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Ability to manage the expectations of a wide range of clientele.
About Presidio Trust Hospitality
The Presidio includes some of San Francisco’s most iconic event spaces. The Officers’ Club, one of San Francisco’s first buildings, offers panoramic views across the main post lawn and San Francisco bay, a stunning ballroom, and an open-air courtyard. The Log Cabin, built in 1937, sits near the Golden Gate Bridge; its warm and rustic interior is complemented by a large lawn with a panoramic view of the San Francisco skyline. The Golden Gate Club was once the enlisted men’s service club. Today it is a popular celebration and meeting venue on the main post. Presidio Trust Events is honored to share these, and many other, sublime spaces to host special events.
Driver’s License Investigation and Review
This position requires a current, valid Driver’s License prior to starting work, and maintenance of a driver’s license throughout occupancy of the position. You will be subject to a driver’s license investigation as a New Entrant, and annual driver’s license reviews thereafter. An individual’s granting of an investigation and resulting reports thereafter is voluntary. However, employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a driver’s license investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the driver’s license investigation.
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package. To apply call (415) 561-5300 (Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm) to request an application package, OR download the application from our website, www.presidio.gov, and mail the application to Employee Support Services, Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052.