Levitt Foundation Summer Communications Intern
- Position Type
Do you believe in the power of free, live music to transform individuals and their communities? Do you want to gain hands-on experience curating, creating and publishing content on behalf of a national arts foundation? If so, join Levitt’s communications team this summer!
The Communications Department shapes the branding, marketing and communications strategy for the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation and Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, also providing communications support for the Levitt AMP concert sites across the country, as needed.
The Communications Intern will support internal and external communications for the Levitt Foundation—helping to build and strengthen internal processes while curating and creating original web and social media content to promote the 2019 Levitt concert season. This intern will also be assigned brand-building projects that tell the broader Levitt story.
- Promote, monitor and track the national #musicmoves campaign on Instagram and Twitter: crafting social media posts, creating custom graphics and drafting targeted eblasts to promote the campaign; monitoring the live #musicmoves feed and tracking user engagement; and coordinating the selection of the season’s first #musicmoves contest winner
- Help expand upon social media engagement strategies promoting the 2019 Levitt National Tour featuring the GRAMMY-winning, all-female mariachi group, Flor de Toloache; crafting promotional posts throughout the summer to generate excitement and awareness
- Help populate and update the 2019 Levitt AMP Music Series website, featuring artists bios, venue info and sponsor acknowledgments for Levitt AMP grantees
- Author up to three blog posts about music, arts access, and/or creative placemaking-related stories tailored to your specific interests for the national Levitt blog, reVerb
- Author up to three Spotlight articles for the national Levitt blog, reVerb,highlighting artists with upcoming performances on Levitt stages across the country and the inspiring nonprofits presenting free, Levitt concerts in their communities
- Track media coverage of the national Levitt network including Levitt AMP sites and permanent Levitt venues (both those in operation and development), identifying potential social media content in the process
- Help create engaging brand-building content to populate the Levitt Foundation’s various social media platforms; creating custom graphics, as needed
- Track Levitt AMP grantee acknowledgement of the Levitt Foundation
- Help maintain the Levitt photography archive through image tagging
- Help keep the Levitt artist database up to date
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Must be a current undergraduate junior/senior, graduate student or recent graduate
- Preferably pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing or Nonprofit/Arts Administration
- Some experience in graphic design, video editing and/or photography, a plus
- Well-versed and current in social media platforms, tools and trends
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for Levitt’s mission
The Levitt Foundation realizes its mission of community through musicthrough two main programs: permanent outdoor Levitt music venues and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, an annual grants competition. In 2019, more than 550 free Levitt concerts will take place in 26 towns and cities across America, serving more than 750,000 people.
Permanent Levitt venues are located in cities as diverse as Los Angeles; Denver; Dayton, Ohio; Westport, Connecticut; Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Memphis; and Arlington, Texas. With the exception of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, each permanent Levitt venue is programmed, managed and supported by its own 501(c)(3) Friends of Levitt nonprofit organization, presenting 50 free concerts every year. Due to accelerating interest from cities and engaged citizens, the Levitt network is growing, with developing Levitt locations across the country—including Sioux Falls, S.D. (opening June 2019).
In 2019, 18 small- to mid-sized towns and cities will present free Levitt concerts through the Levitt AMP Music Series. 2019 locations included Chattanooga, Tenn.; Sheboygan, Wis.; Utica, N.Y.; Carson City, Nev.; and Middlesboro, Ky., to name a few. Each 2019 Levitt AMP winner will present 10 free concerts in a reimagined public space.
All Levitt concerts feature acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning artists in a broad range of music genres. Levitt’s family-friendly vibe and open green spaces attract people of all ages and backgrounds. Friends, neighbors, as well as those whose paths might not cross otherwise, gather to relax on the lawn or dance to the music. As an example of the high caliber talent presented across the Levitt network, the 2019 GRAMMY nominees include 17 artists who have performed on Levitt stages in recent years.
Email cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Levitt Foundation Summer Communications Internship” in the subject line.
To learn more about the national Levitt Foundation, visit levitt.org.