Purchasing and Logistics Coordinator, Bay Area (exempt)
- Experience Level
Help a Mother Out (HAMO) works to improve baby and family well being, by increasing access to diapers for families in need. We distribute diapers to families in need through a network of social service partners including Early Head Start programs, family resource centers, homeless and foster children services, public health departments and others. We also advocate for the inclusion of diapers in the social safety net. We are a fiscally sponsored project of Community Initiatives, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
The Purchasing and Logistics, (PLC) will partner with the Program Director and will be primarily responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Bay Area Diaper Bank Program.
Duties may include HAMO’s partner agency relations and communications, diaper distributions, inventory management, purchasing and logistics management, training, data management as well as program reporting and evaluation. The PLC will further the mission of HAMO by focusing on enhancing partnerships and strengthening collaborations with HAMO’s partner organizations.
The PLC is a savvy organizer, with an incredible attention to detail and is a self starter. S/he embraces social entrepreneurship, and is passionate about the advancement of low-income women and children. They are also tech-savvy and possess strong interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.
- Coordinate ongoing diaper distribution activities including vendor communication, ordering, inventory management, logistics, and partner agency relations
- Respond effectively to the needs of Partner Agencies
- Conduct regular training of staff of Partner Agencies
- Coordinate data transfer activities from Partner Agencies to HAMO database
- Conduct annual site visits with diaper distribution sites
- Coordinate monthly order writing to the vendor
- Coordinate weekly diaper distribution from warehouse to partners
- Produce monthly reporting for the ED including receipt reconciliation
- Respond to telephone, email, and personal requests for information from the public, donors, constituents and partner agencies on a regular basis
- Assist the Program Director with maintaining relationships with diaper distribution sites and vendors
- Assist with the organization’s community outreach, thought leadership, or annual fundraising events
- Other activities deemed appropriate by the Program Director that will promote and enhance the mission of HAMO.
- Act as an ambassador in the community by effectively communicating how HAMO serves the needs of low-income families in the community.
B.A. or B.S. required
Ability to manage multiple projects with excellent organizational skills
Excellent communication (both oral and written)
Strong problem solving, prioritizing, and decision-making skills
Ability to build relationships at all levels
Excellent follow-through and accountability
Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including expertise in Excel, and Google Apps required
Commitment to HAMO’s mission and vision
- Strong desire and proficiency to work via virtual office, with flexible work hours
- Attend bi-weekly planning meetings with Executive Director and other team members
- Ability to travel within the San Francisco Bay Area
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs., occasionally
- Communicate with team members on a regular basis via email and phone
This is a part time position, 10-15 hours/week, with the potential to scale during peak seasons (up to 20 hours/week maximum). Compensation is between $18-$20/hour and will commensurate with experience. This position does not include benefits at this time.
To Apply: If interested please follow these detailed instructions to apply.* Application deadline is March 31, 2019.
1) PREP your cover letter and resume, highlighting how your experience and skills meet the position requirements.
a. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile and other relevant digital footprints.
b. Please submit only ONE PDF document, naming the file with your first and last name and position title (e.g., “JANE SMITH ASSOCIATE APP”)
2) UPLOAD your cover letter and resume to Google Drive.
3) SHARE the Google Document with email@example.com.
4) Local applicants only, please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
*Every application submitted via Google Drive will be reviewed. We regret we are unable to respond to phone inquiries or snail mail submissions.
Community Initiatives/HAMO is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $30,000 - $39,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Oakland
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $30,000 - $39,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Oakland
- Technology / Data Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $30,000 - $39,999 Contract / Freelance jobs in Oakland