VP of Men's Services
- Degree Level
VP of Men's Services
Job Location: The Shepherd's Inn - Atlanta, GA
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Job Categories: Nonprofit - Social Services
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The VP of Men's Services is a critical member of our ministry by providing leadership to teams in the delivery of services via the transformation model.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fosters a best-in-class service delivery culture that facilitates client movement through the outcomes
- Communicates with Chief Operating Officer concerning operational issues
- Coordinates with VP of Vocational Services to deliver upon vocational services outcomes
- Collaborates with Facilities & Dining Services leaders to ensure maintenance and reliability of campus operations
- Leads the development and cultivation of multi-dimensional relationships with external partners (individuals, organizations and donors) to more effectively source and support Clients in our program
- Champions the execution of Transformation Model and other operations that includes the continual enrichment of both relational and spiritual services as well as Community Living
- Ensures services are aligned with organizational priorities and strategic plan
- Promotes a data-informed culture that empowers leaders to create actionable changes
- Leverages partners to meet client outcomes, improve service delivery, increase cost effectiveness, and maintain healthy environments.
- Provides vision, direction, and development to teams for service execution
- Identifies and implements best practices to increase outcome achievement effectiveness
- Ensures that programs, policies and procedures established are adhered to by both clients and employees
- Evaluates budget and provide guidance and direction to the team to ensure it is maintained at the expected level
- Participates in team activities as needed
- Attends Mission-wide meetings and training as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
You will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university required - Master’s degree preferred
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in a senior leadership role; and Five (5) years of operations management experience
- Three (3) years of experience identifying and implementing best practices and innovation (preferred)
Experience & Skills:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Strong spiritual foundation and an ability to disciple others
- Strong ability to build effective teams
- Crisis intervention skills
- Efficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multitasking is constant
- Ability to serve as a personal coach on a one-on-one basis and group setting
- High energy and ability to engage others towards a common goal
- CPR and First Aid Certification preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong relational skills – ability to reach people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Driven to continuously identify opportunities to improve client experience and operational results
- Business, project management, and financial acumen that transfers to effective operational planning and resourcing
- Ability to quickly navigate ambiguity to identify best practices and new approaches to enhance client experience and operational effectiveness
- Communication skills that create positive impact and engagement (written, verbal and presentations)
- Effective blend of both operational and strategic decision making
Physical Job Requirements:
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing, sitting and/or walking)
- Must have the ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator and computer printer
- Must be able to communicate accurate information
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.