- Experience Level
Fiscal Management Associates (FMA) is a growth-oriented management consulting firm dedicated to building the capacity of the nonprofit sector. We partner with our nonprofit and philanthropic clients to help them attain operational excellence, ensure financial sustainability and effectively achieve their desired impact. Our collaborative approach includes client input and involvement at each stage of an engagement.
FMA is made up of a highly diverse team, coming from a wide range of cultural and economic backgrounds and representing a spectrum of experience, race, age, gender, ethnicity, ability, and sexual orientation. A Latina-founded and led organization, FMA draws upon its staff to deliver services that are sensitive to the needs and values of both nonprofit and funding organizations.
Our team works with leaders who are organizing youth movements, fighting against racial and gender inequities, using art for civic engagement, and providing fundamental services to those who need it most, to name a few. Our consulting and training services have consistently earned recognition for their pragmatism and relevance.
The Consultant is an integral member of FMA’s Consulting and Advisory Services national team and can be based remotely or in our New York City office. The Consultant works in a team-based environment to help a portfolio of nonprofit and foundation clients develop high-quality financial and operational practices. Additionally, the Consultant provides support for FMA’s growing and evolving practice through new product development, training initiatives, and knowledge management.
Works as part of FMA project teams to deliver high-quality services to a diverse portfolio of nonprofit and philanthropic clients. Sample client engagements may include:
- Providing guidance and analytical support around financial trends, modeling, and planning
- Researching and drafting reports and actionable recommendations
- Designing new business processes
- Supporting planning and implementation of financial systems and practices
- Developing curriculum and facilitating workshops in training initiatives
- Serving as primary contact for client engagements, developing effective working relationships with client personnel
- Assisting in research and content development for products and services.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience required; MPA, MBA or related master’s degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into actionable solutions, navigate through ambiguity and complexity to analyze a situation, and look beyond details to see the overarching goals and results.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including ability to convey technical information in an accessible way
- Results-oriented with strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
- Collaborative team player that values diversity of background and approach
- Timely in completion of assigned projects with varying needs and deadlines.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, including advanced formulas, graphs and formatting.
- Professional experience in the nonprofit sector and/or financial management strongly preferred. Knowledge around government funding a plus.
FMA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. FMA is committed to building a culturally diverse team and encourages people of color, LGBTQI individuals, and all qualified persons to apply for this position.