Case Manager-Emergency Shelter
- Experience Level
For more than 40 years, MUST Ministries has established itself as a servant leader caring for those in need in the Marietta, Smyrna and Canton/Cherokee county communities. Founded in 1971 by the Rev. Wayne Williams, MUST Ministries’ initial programs included a grocery bus ministries for the elderly, a youth tutoring program and outreach ministries to "alienated" young people. Today, MUST is helping people in the community break the cycle of poverty by providing basic needs such as groceries, hot meals, housing, emergency shelter, employment services and clothing. MUST Ministries is a non-profit entity and provides all services for free and without regard to race or religious beliefs.
The key purpose of this position is to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining the best possible housing solution for their individual circumstances through case management, advocacy, and referrals; ensure that clients receive sufficient and appropriate care and that the mechanisms to end homelessness are being accessed effectively.
- Represent MUST Ministries in the most positive manner with clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and clients of our service, learn and use operating practices of MUST Ministries.
- Uphold the Mission Statement: Serving our neighbors in need … transforming lives and communities in response to Christ's call.
- Handle all information with tact and discretion and recognize the confidential nature of MUST Ministries.
- Support learning through performance of essential job functions and perform other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service training, and workshops deemed appropriate by the Program Director and/or Sr. Director of Housing.
- Screen all applicants and determines eligibility at intake and when indicated by program; make appropriate referrals as needed.
- Make appropriate referrals as needed.
- Orient all clients on the program policies and procedures.
- Provide Case management for individual clients including: conduct needs assessments, create individualized service plans to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Serve as the program representative at team meetings presenting the issues and concerns of the clients.
- Increase client’s awareness of available community and agency resources and assist them in accessing these services.
- Coordinate the provision of substance abuse, employment, and mental health services with the appropriate agency/program.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and networks with community agencies that best serve the general specific needs of homeless clients.
- Maintain all client charts and records according to established standards.
- Complete data collection and report requirements for various funding sources utilizing the required data systems.
- Work with Housing team to ensure program compliance.
- May manage program budgets for security deposits, rent, service match, etc.
- May collects program fees.
- May check apartments weekly and conducts check-ups of the living conditions as well as health, security, and drug tests.
- May perform Habitability and Lead Based Screening inspections of prospective properties.
- May coordinate plumbing, electrical, and physical repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field and 2+ years of experience working with mental health, disabled, veterans and/or diverse populations; MSW preferred.
- Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC) or Certified Peer Specialist preferred.
- Experience with Housing First and Harm Reduction Models preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook, HMIS reporting systems; Pathways preferred.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with community partners.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Skilled in documentation.
- Ability to work in high intensity and emotional atmospheres where clients seek assistance, conflict resolution and verbal de-escalation training preferred.
- Familiarity with social service and state agency provided assistance programs.
- CPR and First-Aid certified a plus.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for MUST’s mission.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and current insurance.
Must Ministries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, qualified handicap or status as disabled or Vietnam era veteran or Iraq veteran or Afghanistan veteran. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.lid Driver’s license and current insurance.