- Experience Level
This position will support the Foundation’s conservation award-making activities by focusing on the areas of compliance and risk analysis relating to the Foundation and its subrecipients and for programmatically-funded contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and approve applicant budgets to ensure compliance with Foundation, funding sources, and OMB requirements as applicable.
- Review applicant financial documents to inform on the entity’s financial stability. Work with Grant Administrators and/or program staff to obtain relevant financial documents and assess risk as necessary.
- Highlight to supervisor any applicant files (budgets, financial documents, risk assessments, etc.) that do not meet standards for approval. Draft memos and make recommendations to supervisor on how to resolve highlighted issues.
- Develop, prepare and review grants management system generated reports related to grantee funding eligibility, organizational risk, and financial management.
- Solicit and review 2 CFR 200 Subpart F audits, as applicable, for subrecipients with active Foundation grants. Complete subrecipient monitoring procedures related to grantee single audit reviews and risk assessments.
- Respond promptly to written and verbal inquiries from Foundation staff, applicants and grantees regarding the status of project fiscal reviews.
- Regularly consult with supervisor and relevant foundation staff regarding upcoming project workload. Prioritize work assignments with supervisor to avoid backlog. Alert supervisor of potential workload issues that could adversely affect the productivity and efficiency of project budget and organizational reviews.
Programmatic Procurement of Goods/Services Support
- Assist in selection and drafting of appropriate Contract for Services/Goods solicitation vehicle.
- Assist with Source Selection process and validation.
- Track and assist with Conflict of Interest process relative to individual procurements.
- Provide compliance administration of potential protests and disputes, amendments, close out procedures.
- Review all documentation for completeness, sufficiency, and compliance with NFWF policies and procedures and other applicable federal and non-federal requirements.
- Assist in the maintenance of department’s forms, templates, policies/procedures.
- At direction of supervisor, prepare and maintain training and orientation documentation and materials and assist with organizing such presentations.
- Assist in the documentation of funding source compliance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of experience focused on federal fiscal compliance in a nonprofit setting preferred.
- Knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance and respective impacts on nonprofit financial and operation management, including application of procurement principles.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations is a plus.
- Familiarity with risk management concepts including risk assessments, subrecipient monitoring and internal controls.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including the ability to communicate financial and compliance concepts to non-financial colleagues, resolve conflict effectively, hold information in confidence, and cooperate with colleagues and grantees who may have other perspectives.
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated focus on accuracy.
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative when improvement opportunities exist.
- Excellent analytical skills including advanced experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet rapidly changing deadlines.
- Experience with grant management systems is preferred.