- Experience Level
For nearly 25 years, Camp Twin Lakes (CTL) has provided life-changing camp experiences to thousands of Georgia's children with serious illnesses, disabilities, and other life challenges. Camp Twin Lakes provides week-long summer camps and year-round weekend retreats at three fully-accessible and medically-supportive campsites, day camps, and through hospital-based Camp-To-Go programs. Camp Twin Lakes collaborates with nearly 60 different nonprofit organizations, each serving a different population, to create customized programs that teach campers to overcome obstacles and grow in their confidence and capabilities. For more information, please visit our website at www.camptwinlakes.org
The Camp Manager’s primary responsibilities will include managing, planning, directing, and supervising the camp’s programmatic and food services to partners, user groups, campers, families and the public. To manage the Partner Relationship, and ensure that all campers and volunteers, regardless of camp affiliation, have a safe, positive and meaningful camp experience that focuses on the mission of Camp Twin Lakes. Position is based in Winder, Georgia with regional travel required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Support partner training and development through partner’s institute.
- Manage the camp site’s calendar in coordinator with other sites.
- Direct supervision of site-specific partner relationships.
- Verify all contractual obligations are met by each organization prior to arrival at camp.
- Maintain positive supervision of Program Coordinator and Food Service Coordinator.
- Coordinate the day-to-day and capital needs with Site and Facilities Manager.
- Oversee all program and food service staff to efficiently meet the needs of all partners and user groups at Camp Twin Lakes and provide a positive and meaningful camp experience.
- Originate and carry out a system for recruiting and training staff to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Onboarding of program and food service staff and ensuring HR policies are met.
- Monitor safety and procedures in all areas of camp.
- Responsible for program & food service safety & risk management.
- Collection, maintenance and coding of incident reports.
- Serve on crisis management team for Camp Twin Lakes in times of emergency in accordance to crisis management plan.
- Maintain ACA accreditation for the site.
- Maintain all certifications and regulatory obligations of the site to ensure safe operations.
- Communicate with COO regularly in areas of concern.
- Overall responsibility for development and implementation of site’s program and food service plan.
- Coordinate with all camp departments and partner matters of interest and areas of overlapping responsibility while always seeking the best solution for the campers of CTL including, but not limited to, participant numbers, menus, meal times, and facilities needed.
- Ensure quality control, efficiency and sustainability of food service operations at site.
- Develop and refine routines, schedules and procedures for camp operations.
- Maintain proper records as required.
- Serve as a trained, certified and proficient subject matter expert in one of the following categories: high and low adventure programming, waterfront (boating, swimming and lifeguarding), nature education, performing arts, visual arts or music.
- Evaluate all programs, staff and systems on an ongoing basis for total quality improvement.
- Support and primary implementation for site evaluation data collection, analysis and support (including CYPQA).
- Develop, track and maintain revenue and expense budgets for program and food service.
- Oversee proper coding and processing of invoices for the site in a timely manner.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining summer and non-summer billing details, and coordinating with the finance department on submission of information, billing, statements and collections.
- Serve on the management team of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College graduate in Recreation, Child Development, Education or related field. Certification in field of study preferred.
- Extensive experience as a group counselor and staff member in a camp setting.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to plan, originate, organize and carry out daily and special programs.
- Training and experience with a variety of camp program areas such as pool and water activities, adventure, and other camp activities. Certification in one or more areas required
- Ability to create new, therapeutic and exciting programs, as well as, adapt existing programs for children with a variety of medical, disability and life challenges.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.