Recruiter/Trainer, Disability Services (North Region)
- Degree Level
Title: Recruiter/Trainer, Disability Services (North Region)
Program(s): Disability Services
Reports to: Regional Supervisor
Location: Athens, GA
Summary: The Recruiter/Trainer, Disability Services is dedicated to regional recruitment, marketing, training, and retention of support companions. The individual will work with the NORTH Regional Supervisor to help facilitate the growth of host homes in the NORTH Region. The individual ensures that the DBHDD and INSPIRITUS training requirements for support companions are met and properly documented. This position requires a candidate with a high drive, excellent presentation/training skills, a high commitment to the work and the population served, and availability to train during evenings and weekends.
- Develops and implements the annual recruitment plan in collaboration with Regional Supervisor to ensure growth targets are met
- Initiates a minimum of four strategic marketing events per month to generate growth and to develop relationships in new counties targeted for expansion
- Ensures the growth of new home development and provides monthly reports to Regional Supervisor on the status of each new home application.
- Documents all recruitment activities in Extended Reach.
- Maintains and documents regular and frequent communication with potential host homes.
- Schedules and conducts a minimum of one formal orientation per month.
- Ensures the accuracy and compliance of every home study by using the INSPIRITUS checklist prior to submitting the study for approval
- Establishes collaborative relationships with Support Coordinators and PLAs to increase referrals of individuals to host homes, and oversees matching process of those referrals.
- Initiates and participates in local recruitment efforts in counties targeted for growth
- Helps recruit and organize community resources to provide training.
- Monitors and maintains statistics necessary to measure the effectiveness of various recruitment efforts through the use of dashboards
- Utilizes dashboards to provide reports to Regional Supervisor on training reports
- Strives toward excellence in the areas of innovation, performance, and extraordinary acts.
- Provides training as needed in locations that do not have capacity.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet program needs.
- May be cross-trained in SFC recruitment and training duties
- May provide case management services as needed to meet program needs.
- May participate in on-call rotation schedule.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Processes and submits invoices to supervisor from paid trainers or training locations.
- Manages funds and other INSPIRITUS assets, i.e. supplies and equipment in a manner that is considered productive, in the best interest of INSPIRITUS, and conforms with approved budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in human service such as social work or a related field such as sociology, psychology etc. and five (5) years of relevant, recent work experience in disability services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess excellent presentation and training skills
- Ability to forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families to help them gain the skills and confidence to address any issues and problems they face.
- Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
- Ability to work independently and in partnership with other team members.
- Must pass a comprehensive background check including work references and criminal background check
- Must be computer and internet literate with competencies in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and database/electronic case management system
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Must be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Must hold a valid Georgia Driver’s license, possess a reliable personal, multi-passenger vehicle, and have personal auto insurance and a good driving record.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience, competencies, skills and knowledge that ensures the successful completion of the essential job responsibilities.
- Master’s degree in Human Services or related field
- Experience with GA SCORE, GA SHINES, and/or Extended Reach databases
Regularly required to talk and hear. Required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms. Required to operate personal vehicle.
Employee frequently lifts and or moves 20+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions. This position may require travel up to 25% of the time locally and throughout the NORTH region.